In India, Hindus perform Gruhapravesham to join in a new house. It is also known as a Housewarming ceremony. By choosing auspicious dates and muhurat housewarming ceremony is performed. An auspicious day is determined by the astrologer charts, on that day family moves into the new house. Without performing the Griha Pravesh puja a residence must not occupy or move things into a home.[blogadsense]
The housewarming ceremony is a prayer ritual of gratitude. When constructing a new house Vastu Shastra is very important and should perform Vastu Shanti Puja after entering a new house to remove doshas. Even house is made as per Vastu principles, Vastu Shastra says that all residence spaces are alive with hidden entities, prayers are required to purify the space from negativity and permit the flow of positive energy into the house. In Hinduism, the house warming ceremony is regarded second in importance only to the marriage ceremony. During Gruhapravesh, Homam can be performed to invite Gods and Goddesses.
Griha Pravesh | House Warming Puja Muhurat Dates in 2022
|Griha Pravesh Muhurat Dates||Auspicious Muhurat||Days||Nakshatra||Tithi|
|No Auspicious Griha Pravesh Puja Muhurats in January 2022|
|Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in February 2022|
|05-02-2022||06:45 AM to 03:46 AM, Feb 06||Saturday||Uttara Bhadrapada, Revati||Panchami|
|10-02-2022||11:08 AM to 06:44 AM, Feb 11||Thursday||Rohini, Mrigashirsha||Dashami|
|11-02-2022||06:44 AM to 06:38 AM, Feb 12||Friday||Mrigashirsha||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|18-02-2022||04:42 PM to 06:41 AM, Feb 19||Friday||Uttara Phalguni||Dwitiya, Tritiya|
|19-02-2022||06:41 AM to 04:52 PM||Saturday||Uttara Phalguni||Tritiya|
|21-02-2022||06:40 AM to 04:17 PM||Monday||Chitra||Panchami|
|Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in March 2022|
|26-03-2022||08:01 PM to 06:19 AM, Mar 27||Saturday||Uttara Ashadha||Dashami|
|No Auspicious Griha Pravesh Puja Muhurats in April 2022|
|Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in May 2022|
|02-05-2022||12:34 AM to 05:58 AM, May 03||Monday||Rohini||Dwitiya|
|11-05-2022||07:28 PM to 05:55 AM, May 12||Wednesday||Uttara Phalguni||Ekadashi|
|12-05-2022||05:55 AM to 06:51 PM||Thursday||Uttara Phalguni||Ekadashi|
|13-05-2022||06:48 PM to 05:55 AM, May 14||Friday||Chitra||Trayodashi|
|14-05-2022||05:55 AM to 03:22 PM||Saturday||Chitra||Trayodashi|
|16-05-2022||01:18 PM to 05:54 AM, May 17||Monday||Anuradha||Pratipada|
|25-05-2022||05:53 AM to 05:53 AM, May 26||Wednesday||Uttara Bhadrapada, Revati||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|26-05-2022||05:53 AM to 10:54 AM||Thursday||Revati||Ekadashi|
|Griha Pravesh Puja Dates in June 2022|
|01-06-2022||05:52 AM to 01:01 PM||Wednesday||Mrigashirsha||Dwitiya|
|10-06-2022||05:53 AM to 03:37 AM, Jun 11||Friday||Chitra||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|16-06-2022||12:37 PM to 05:54 AM, Jun 17||Thursday||Uttara Ashadha||Tritiya|
|22-06-2022||08:45 PM to 05:55 AM, Jun 23||Wednesday||Revati||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|No Auspicious Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in July 2022|
|No Auspicious Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in August 2022|
|No Auspicious Griha Pravesh Puja Dates in September 2022|
|No Auspicious Griha Pravesh Puja Muhurats in October 2022|
|Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in November 2022|
|18-11-2022||11:08 PM to 06:20 AM, Nov 19||Friday||Uttara Phalguni||Dashami|
|19-11-2022||06:20 AM to 12:14 AM, Nov 20||Saturday||Uttara Phalguni||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|28-11-2022||06:24 AM to 10:29 AM||Monday||Uttara Ashadha||Panchami|
|Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in December 2022|
|02-12-2022||06:27 AM to 06:27 AM, Dec 03||Friday||Uttara Bhadrapada||Dashami|
|03-12-2022||06:27 AM to 05:34 AM, Dec 04||Saturday||Revati||Ekadashi|
|08-12-2022||09:37 AM to 06:30 AM, Dec 09||Thursday||Rohini, Mrigashirsha||Pratipada|
|09-12-2022||06:30 AM to 02:59 PM||Friday||Mrigashirsha||Pratipada, Dwitiya|
Griha Pravesh | House Warming Puja Muhurat Dates in 2021
The house warming puja purifies and consecrates the house nooks and corners. Good days in 2020 & 2021 to enter a new house are mentioned below.
|Griha Pravesh Muhurat Dates||Auspicious Muhurat||Days||Nakshatra||Tithi|
|Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in January 2021|
|09-01-2021||12:32 PM to 07:17 PM||Saturday||Anuradha||Ekadashi|
|No Auspicious Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in February 2021|
|No Auspicious Griha Pravesh Puja Dates in March 2021|
|No Auspicious Griha Pravesh Puja Muhurats in April 2021|
|Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in May 2021|
|13-05-2021||05:40 AM to 05:40 AM||Thursday||Rohini||Dwitiya|
|14-05-2021||05:40 AM to 05:39 AM||Friday||Mrigashirsha||Tritiya|
|21-05-2021||03:23 PM to 05:36 AM||Friday||Uttara Phalguni||Dashami|
|22-05-2021||05:36 AM to 02:06 PM||Saturday||Uttara Phalguni||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|24-05-2021||05:35 AM to 09:49 AM||Monday||Chitra||Trayodashi|
|26-05-2021||04:43 PM to 01:16 AM||Wednesday||Anuradha||Pratipada|
|Griha Pravesh Puja Dates in June 2021|
|04-06-2021||05:33 AM to 05:33 AM||Friday||Uttara Bhadrapada, Revati||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|05-06-2021||05:33 AM to 11:28 PM||Saturday||Revati||Ekadashi|
|19-06-2021||08:29 PM to 05:33 AM||Saturday||Chitra||Dashami|
|26-06-2021||05:35 AM to 02:36 AM||Saturday||Uttara Ashadha||Dwitiya, Tritiya|
|Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in July 2021|
|01-07-2021||05:37 AM to 02:01 PM||Thursday||Uttara Bhadrapada||Saptami|
|No Auspicious Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in August 2021|
|No Auspicious Griha Pravesh Puja Dates in September 2021|
|No Auspicious Griha Pravesh Puja Muhurats in October 2021|
|Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in November 2021|
|05-11-2021||02:23 AM to 06:40 AM||Friday||Anuradha||Dwitiya|
|06-11-2021||06:40 AM to 11:39 PM||Saturday||Anuradha||Dwitiya, Tritiya|
|10-11-2021||08:25 AM to 03:42 PM||Wednesday||Uttara Ashadha||Saptami|
|20-11-2021||06:50 AM to 06:51 AM||Saturday||Rohini||Pratipada, Dwitiya|
|29-11-2021||06:57 AM to 09:42 PM||Monday||Uttara Phalguni||Dashami|
|Griha Pravesh Muhurats or Dates in December 2021|
|13-12-2021||07:07 AM to 02:05 AM||Monday||Revati||Dashami, Ekadashi|
Check the Ekadashi dates
Gruhapravesam Puja Procedure
Gruhapravesam puja pleases the Vastu deity. Purohit performs this ceremony by chanting mantras to invoke the blessings of Vastu Shastra. Gruhapravesam procedure takes one and half hour time, Puja procedure is given below. During the Gruhapravesam ceremony, Satyanarayana Vratham is very important.
Satyanarayana Puja is about offering various items to Lord Vishnu as a token of gratitude for all successes and well beings happened in one’s life. An occasion where one decides to credit his success to almighty thereby seeking his support in ventures to come. It can be done on any day, specially Purnima day or full moon day is considered very auspicious to do this puja. The word “Satya” means truth, “Narayana” means the one that accepts everything and everybody. Satya Narayana Puja is the worship of Lord Narayana. Satyanarayana is one of the forms of Vishnu. In the ceremony of Satyanarayana, puja is also to bring friends and family together. This puja protects you from conducting evil and teaches us to be on the path of truth and goodness. At the time of Satyanarayana puja bring your friends and relatives it increases encourage unity and harmony. Worshiping Lord Satyanarayana will be the ultimate way of getting happiness and moksha in the kali yuga.
Required Pooja Material
Wicks, Oil, Navadhanya, Photos of Gods, Milk, New Vessel for Boiling Milk, Dhoti, Angavastram(new), Aarthi Plates, Bell, Kalasham, Mango Leaves, Lemon, Havan Samagri, Wood Sticks, Navagraha Cloths, Mango Leaves
1. Break a Coconut
The Vastu deity can appease in the outside for that, the lady breaks a coconut that, is placed on the threshold.
2. Kalash Puja
After breaking a coconut, one performs Kalash puja by filling it with water, a coin and nine types of grains.
3. Place Coconut on Kalash
In red cloth, one can tie the coconut. Then, one should place a coconut on the top of Kalash with mango leaves.
4. Recite Mantras
For doing Kalash puja, a priest can chant the sacred mantras.
5. Carry Kalash Pot Inside The House
Inside the house to place a Kalash near to havan, both husband and wife should carry this pot.
6. Cow and Calf Entry
At the traditional entry, the cow and calf entry is first before family members. This brings prosperity and positive energies into their houses.
7. Boil Milk
After completion of puja, the lady of the house boils the milk and the milk must spillover.
8. Milk Offering
After finishing of boiling milk, the lady offers this milk to family deity. Then she offers milk to the family members.
9. Stay Overnight
Then, family members must provide proper food to the priests. Also, they must stay there overnight and they should not lock the house.
10. Keep Diya Burning
The Diya should keep burning, to attract spiritual energies.
Significance of Griha Pravesh Puja
- It removes bad effects like evil eye, negative energy, and ill effects.
- By doing this puja, it bestows with inner peace, mental peace to the family members.
- It aids in improving fortune and good luck.
- It removes bad thoughts from the minds of the family members.
- This puja provides spiritual bliss to the family members.
Tips for Gruhapravesh & Important Things to Consider
- When a family enters a newly built house, homeowners must give more attention to auspicious muhurta to celebrate the Gruhapravesh ceremony. Vastu Shastra is more important during the first entry into a newly built home. Gruhapravesh mainly performed to get blessings from five elements Earth, Space, Water, Fire, and Wind. By doing this puja, these five elements will give happiness and peaceful mind.
- As per Hindu beliefs, if the house warming ceremony is performed at a favorable time on an auspicious date, it will give success and happiness. Navaratri is one of the most important auspicious days to enter one’s house for the first time. If the ceremony completed in these auspicious days, it will remove all evil and negative effects of the house, make it auspicious.
- In Hinduism, many people are not aware of customs associated with Griha Pravesh, for them, we are giving some Gruhapravesh tips to make this ceremony auspicious and enjoyable.
- The House warming ceremony should be done, only when the family is willing to shift into, and the house is ready to move in. Before ceremony day the entire house all doors, shutters should be in place along with the roof covering, it brings peace into the family.
- During the Griha Pravesh ceremony, the gods and goddesses idols should be placed in the East direction of the house, and should not keep against the house walls. Ganapathi puja should be performed.
- Before the puja, the total house cleaned with salt, for the purification of the house. Also, sprinkled holy water all over the house to instill a sense of purity.
- The house main door must be furnished with torans consisting of fresh flowers and mango leaves. The main gate should be decorated with swastika symbols and Lakshmi feet (for good fortune) because the main gate is called Simha dwara and is the face of the Vastu Purusha.
- The floor must be embellished with colorful rangoli made up of various colors and rice flour. People believe that rangoli invites the goddess Lakshmi, who is the symbol of prosperity and wealth.
- While entering the house, always put your right foot first.
- On the day of Gruhapravesam, a kalasha filled with water or milk should be placed inside the house, later donated to someone deprived or in a temple the next day.
- On this auspicious occasion, feast should be offered to priests.
- On the day of Graha Pravesh, the inhabitants of the house should sleep. in that house for that last night.
- In the kitchen of the house, milk should be boiled to bring good fortune.
- After finishing of Graha Pravesh ceremony, the house should not be left entirely, for the next 40days. At least one member should be present in the house.
Do’s and Don’ts of Griha Pravesh
|1||Gruhapravesh should be done on auspicious dates or by choosing Shubh Muhurat||During Yamaganda Kala puja should not be performed, and entering into the house should be avoided.|
|2||Clean the entire house with water such as floor, doors, windows, and roofs.||Should not remain one place to be cleaned|
|3||Clean the furniture with a wet cloth||Don’t shift the furniture, keep it as mentioned in Vastu Sastra|
|4||Before entering a house break pumpkin to remove evil eye||Do not enter without breaking pumpkin|
|5||Enter with cow and calf as it is significant to remove dosha in new house||Don’t allow others to enter before Grupravesh after cleaning the house, like servants, cats, pets, etc.|
|6||Always enter the house by stepping right foot first, as it denotes well-being||Do not enter the house by stepping left foot first, because it is not good|
|7||The God idol and God photo frames should be placed in the North-East direction facing the idol West direction.||Without God Idol, you should not enter the house.|
|8||Satyanarayana Swamy photo frame is compulsory to do Pooja, Vrat and Homam||Without the Sathyanarayana Swamy photo, Griha Pravesh Puja cannot be done.|
|9||Raw milk has to bring and to boil at the right Muhurat of Gruhapravesh||Boiled milk is not used to boil again during Muhurat time|
|10||Milk has to flow out of the bowl while boiling the milk is considered good||If milk does not flow out of the bowl, the Gruhapravesh puja is considered as incomplete.|
|11||The owner of the house or the belongings of the house has to sleep for that night in the new house.||You should not go out after puja and allow servants to sleep for that night in the new house.|