Eye Twitching is one of the ordinarily occurring phenomena. Most people experience the same at least once during their lifetime. Though the conditions are often not severe. They mostly show it’s time for you to take a break from your routine work. But did you know there are lots of superstitions that also have horoscopic significance for an eye twitch? You must read on, to know more about the same.[blogadsense]
Most Common Eye Twitching Superstitions:
People in the olden days associated every unexplainable event to a superstition. Countries across the globe have various superstitions aligned to eye twitches. Among all, the most common belief is that, if the right eye twitches, it brings you good luck while the left eye brings you terrible luck.
Besides them, here are a few strange superstitions that are associated with eye twitching:
- In Hawaii – left eye twitching indicates the arrival of a stranger or an impending death in the family. The twitching of the right eye could signify that a child will be born soon.
- In China, they identify the time and the zodiac animal of the person whose eye is twitching to tell them the meaning behind it. While the right eye blinking shows incoming fortune, the twitching of the left eye signifies doom.
- Africa- There exist two different beliefs related to the twitching of eyes in Africa. The twitching of both eyes’ upper lids means you may expect a visitor. At the same time, the lower lid tells you that you will be in tears because of some bad news.
- In Nigeria, the twitching of the eyes on the left brings bad news.
- West Indies: People of Trinidad refer to eye twitching as ‘eye jumping’ in their land. And according to them, left-eye twitching is a sign of impending bad news or disaster for both genders
Other blind beliefs associated with the right eye flickering are:
- A visit from a nobleman or family friend
- The occurrence of a pleasant event for which you have been waiting.
- Someone is thinking of you.
- You will receive an invitation to a celebration.
Blind belief associated with the left eye twitching are:
- Something you have been worrying about will occur.
- Someone is talking behind your back.
- You will be betrayed soon.
- One of the people you really care for will be in trouble.
How far are these true, well no one knows; after all, they are just superstitions that people can neglect.
Astrological Benefits of Eye twitching (Blinking):
Astrology is one of the ancient sciences originating in India. Great significance is attached to the muscle spasms that rarely occur in the eyes. Each part of the eye is made of muscle twitches. If you relate to any above situations you can speak with an astrologer. An astrologer can help you in understanding your horoscope and its impact on the current time.
Eye twitching foretells your fate according to Vedic Indian astrology. The outcome varies based on gender and eye alignment. When the timings vary, the meaning of the jumping eye may significantly change as well. Take a look at the following theory:
You could get an invitation if your right eye twitches from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. But if the same twitching occurs between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., it is a sign of serious misfortune.
For men, the twitching of eyes on the right side, according to Indian tradition, is a sign of good news or delightful happenings. One can expect something positive and need not stress about it. On the other hand, the twitching of the eyes on the left is a sign of a bad omen for men. Elderly persons & pandits suggest staying cautious and avoiding undertaking any important steps.
As for women, it works and vice versa. If a woman experiences a twitching in her left eye, it indicates her wishes are coming true. However, right-eye twitching means she must be mindful of whatever steps she takes.
Does Eye Blinking Relate to Astrology?
The prediction varies in terms of gender and eye orientation. Nevertheless, it is independent of the time of day in Indian astrology. As a general thumb rule –
- Pupil twitch – a sign of good luck
- Twitch in the upper part of the eye – a sign of income.
- Twitching of lower lid– a sign of expense.
- Twitch in the upper eyelid – a sign that you will receive grim news.
- Twitching of eyebrows – is a sign that you will receive splendid news, or it can also indicate the birth of a child.
Meaning for Right & Left Eye twitching in Male and Female
Astrology has a unique interpretation for male and female genders. Few actually even go on to say the twitching can show what future holds for you. While luck favour’s checking the right side for a male, for a woman it’s always the left side.
The left-eye twitching in women is always considered good fortune. In our day-to-day life, we come across a lot of such incidents. In most countries, the left-eye twitching is the synonym for happiness. Some of the best fortune for women related to left eye twitching are as follow
So, what does eye twitching say according to astrology? Read on to find the details and see if you can actually predict your future.
Right eye twitching (flickering) for female:
They say the right twitching eye brings poor luck to a woman. It brings in a future filled with inauspiciousness. When the right eye flicker for women, it shows
- Terrible news related to the professional front.
- Tough road ahead to traverse and that life will get messy from then on.
Right Eye twitching (Blinking) for Male:
If the right eye of men is twitching, it is generally considered auspicious. It shows a wonderful fortune both on the professional and personal front soon. At times it also shows the inflow of money and clearing of longstanding dues.
- The upper part of the right eye twitches, leading to money inflow.
- It’s believed that a right-eye twitch will bring happiness and good news to a man’s life
Left eye twitching for women:
The left eye blinking for females has a reliable astrology meaning. It is considered good for women if a woman’s left eye blinks. It is a sign of an auspicious time in your life.
- Someone is talking directly to you
- Wonderful & positive news is awaiting you
- You’ll meet someone you haven’t seen in a while
- In some countries, the left eyebrow twitching in females is a sign of new birth in the family.
- A prosperous life can bring joy
Left eye twitching for Male:
On the contrary, if the left eye is twitching for men, it depicts, the hard work and painful time of their lives lying just around the corner.
- Someone close to you is planning your downfall
- Your near and dear ones could be in danger.
- The outflow of money will trouble a man. He may get the signal of such an event through a left-eye twitch.
- Illness is also associated with the left eye twitch in males
Scientific Reason behind eye twitching
According to scientists, involuntary eye twitching can be triggered by a variety of factors. The eye tissues are mostly responsible for a person’s eye twitching. In medical science, “blepharospasm” causes eye muscle spasms. Other factors, such as dry eyes and involuntary eye muscle contractions, contribute to this.
Problems can also arise when a person ignores the vital nutrients in their meals. As a result, it’s imperative to visit a doctor instead of consulting an astrologer. Moreover, eye blinking can often be a sign of stress, contributing to eye irritation
After having gone through, knowing the scientific reasoning behind eye flickering is more than mean to an end. One needs to educate himself on everything and choose to trust what he firmly believes in.
So Why do Eyes Actually Have These Uncontrolled Spasms?
Science points out the various reasons for these involuntary eye twitches in either one of the eyes or both at the same time. They are:
- Stress:- As a common factor in many cases, stress is the main culprit for eye flickering. The more you abuse your eyes more vulnerable, you are to twitches. So rest your eyes enough and have a minimum sleep required to keep your eyes healthy.
- Eyestrain:– starting at light up screens for long staring your eyes more than needed causing eye twitches.
- Other reasons include
- Ove consumption of Caffeine or Alcohol
- Dry eyes
- Nutrition problems
So setting all the above conditions right and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is sure to get rid of your eye twitches. If the problem persists, then you know what to do. Yes, visit your doctor at the earliest and get treated right away.
Do leave your comments and share other superstitions, astrological benefits, or scientific reasons for eye twitches. We love hearing from you.