Chakras in Human Body (how to activate chakras in the human body)
The seven chakras in the human body are the major energy centers that comprise the human anatomy. These energy centers are said to be responsible for regulating the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of the human body. If a person is experiencing a block in a specific chakra, they may be unable to focus, relax, or feel at peace. This blog will take a gander at the seven chakras in the human body and also explore how you can release blockages to help you feel more balanced.
Our modern world is so fast-paced that we can get distracted easily. Many of us do not even realize how we are affecting our body’s natural energy and balance. And if we are not cautious, we might find ourselves stuck in a rut and not know how to get out. The chakra system is a way of mitigating these effects by working on the spiritual, psychological, and physical levels.
The seven chakras of the human body are all associated with various parts and organs of our human anatomy. And these chakras are in charge of impeding the Praana, or the life force.
That being the case, let’s dip into each of the seven chakras and how to activate them.
The Seven Chakras located in our body are-
Root Chakra or Muladhara Chakra
The root chakra, also referred to as the Muladhara Chakra is found at the bottom of our spine and is identified with the element earth. Thus, defining its meaning as being rooted in our identity and retaining stability. The color red represents this particular chakra
It is critical to unlocking the Muladhara Chakra as it’s all about initiating the feeling of being secured, ingrained in our family, and a sense of belongingness. And when energy streams through this chakra, you feel deeply rooted in yourself and your surroundings.
How to identify a blocked Root Chakra?
The first way of discovering a non-aligned root chakra is through the physical pointers mentioned below. And they include-
- Physical Symptoms
- Putting on weight
- Lossing of weight
- Pain in the pelvic area
While the psychological and emotional indicators outlined underneath can assist you in identifying an imbalanced root chakra. Recognize them and think up the ways to carry out a balanced you.
- B) Psychological Signs
- Trying to rush from one task to the next
- Stuck in a negative spiral
- Feeling tired or sluggish
- An upsurge of anxiety, emotional upheaval, and hopelessness
- Absence of willingness to act
- A sudden increase in distraction or being too absent-minded
So, what are the possible alternatives for realigning the Root or Muladhara Chakra?
Experts suggest simple physical activities like walking barefoot, gardening, yoga, dance, pilates, and running can create noticeable differences. Apart from this, deep stimulating acts like practicing affirmations, meditations, breathing activities, and rituals contribute to lining up this energy force.
To effectively activate the Muladhara Chakra, engage in the following yoga practices. And they are as follows:
- Vrksasana (Tree Pose)
- Utkatasana (Chair Pose)
- Malasana (Garland Pose or Yogic Squat)
- Uttanasana (Standing Forward Fold)
Last but not least, chant the ‘LAM’ mantra to open up the Root Chakra.
2) Sacral Chakra or Svadhisthana
Symbolized by the crescent moon, the Sacral Chakra is positioned between the external genitalia and the sacral nerve plexus at the bottom of the pubis. In other words, one can simply locate it beneath the navel. It is claimed that it is inextricably linked to the genital organs and kidneys, but scientific evidence contradicts this claim.
Aside from that, the orange color and the six-petalled lotus flower represent the second flow of this energy wheel, which is all about seeking pleasure, sensuality, and innovativeness.
How to identify a blocked Sacral Chakra?
In case you’re going through an epic emotional upheaval, then that’s a sure sign of an imbalance Sacral Chakra. The symptoms are-
- Losing interest in the things you like or detachment
- Feeling uneasy or anxiety
- Lack of libido
- Feeling lonely
- Longing to stay alone or Self Isolation
What are the options for synchronizing the Sacral or Svadhisthana Chakra?
As mentioned by Convington and Konst, the below-outlined alternatives help to open up the Sacral Chakra. Try out these for the best positive outcome.
- Affirmation or positive assertion of oneself
- Healing crystals
- Essential oils
- Deep meditations
Hence, the next time you experience any of the aforementioned signs, engage in meditation and chant the mantra ‘VAM’ to stimulate the water element.
3) Navel Chakra or Manipura
The navel chakra also referred to as the Solar Plexus Chakra, is found at the top of the abdomen. This third wheel of energy is wholly related to belongingness, psychic comprehension of emotions, and identifying confidence.
Depicted by the fire element and the vibrant color yellow, it rules the proper functioning of the organs in the abdomen. Such as the kidney, small intestine, gallbladder, liver, & stomach.
How to identify a blocked Navel Chakra?
Below mentioned indicators are the ways to assure the blockage of the Navel Chakra.
- Emotional Signs
- Feeling anxiety about rejection or invalidation
- Loss of self-esteem
- Unable to decide on what to do
- Feeling depressed
- Feeling timid or frightened
- B) Physical Signs
- Eating disorder
What are the alternatives for aligning the Naval or Manipura Chakra?
Try out the below-mentioned ways to relocate the third wheel of energy. They are-
- Positive self talk
- Dress in the cheerful color yellow.
- Enjoying the yellow-colored foods
- Yoga poses such as Boat pose, warrior pose, Surya namaskar, & half twist positions
- Random act of kindness to anyone in need
- Exploring something new or indulging in adventurous activities
- Healing crystals such as citrine and amber
- Sun basking or sitting by the fire
- Chanting the mantra “RAM.”
4) The Heart Chakra or Anahata
Of the seven chakras in the human body, the heart chakra is associated with one’s social recognition and impacts our act of trust, understanding, and compassion. On the physical level, it concerns the circulatory system, heart functioning, thymus gland, breast, esophagus, hands, and arms. Its element is air, and the color pink or green represents it. Positionally it is on the central portion of the chest, a little above the heart.
How to tell if your Heart Chakra is not aligned?
Signs of a non-align heart chakra can be deciphered in two ways- emotional level & physical level.
- Bodily symptoms
- High or low blood pressure
- Circulatory problems
- Heart problems
- Lung dysfunctions
- B) Mental issues
- Petrified of emotional intimacy
- Trust issues
- Extremely defensive
- Isolating to the extreme level
Ways to align the Heart or Anahata Chakra
The simple techniques listed below can help you restore your heart chakra. These are as follows:
- Rose quartz is extremely helpful in opening the fourth wheel of energy. Its cool, healing color provides the owner with a feeling of comfort and loving energy.
- Practice the art of being thankful or preaching gratitude.
- Indulge in heart-opening affirmations
- Consumption of high unlocking fourth wheel beverages such as rose tea and cacao.
- Lastly, chant the mantra ‘YAM’ along with meditation.
- Yogas like- Pranayamas, Cobra Pose, and Camel Pose do wonders.
5) Throat Chakra or Vishuddhi
Found on the throat area or the pharynx zone, the Vishuddhi chakra is concerned with interpersonal relationships, artistry, faith, honesty, self-awareness, and interpretation. Physiologically, it’s in charge of the organs like- the throat, vocal chords, trachea, neck, parathyroid gland, gums, mouth, and teeth.
Its element is sound or ether, and the blue color depicts this chakra.
How to tell if your Throat Chakra is not functioning?
Check out the below-mentioned signs to discover them.
- Behavioral disorders-
- Being indecisive
- Lack of determination
- Unable to express
- Susceptibility to addiction
- B) Physiological dysfunctions
- Sore throat
- Ulcers in mouth
- Neck pain
- A dearth of imagination
Techniques for Merging the Throat or Visuddhi Chakra
Practice the given tips for the effective functioning of the Visuddhi Chakra. They are-
- Using throat chakra stones such as turquoise, lapis lazuli, aquamarine, and amazonite.
- Indulging a healthy diet
- Yoga such as cat stretch, fish pose, balasana, and bridge pose
- Positive affirmations
- Repeat the sound ‘HAM.’
6) Third Eye Chakra or the Ajna Chakra
The most impactful energy wheel among the seven chakras in the human body is the Third Eye Chakra. It is positioned between the eyebrows, and the element associated with it is light, while the color indigo represents it.
Since this chakra is biologically positioned on the head, disruptions can trigger headaches, vision problems, inability to focus, and hearing impairment.
Signs of an imbalance of Third Eye Chakra
- Anatomical Disabilities
- Learning impairment
- Neurological dysfunction
- B) Behavioral Impact
- Poor discipline
- Problems in concentrating
- Unable to accept the reality
- Poor decision making
Ways to heal the Third Eye Chakra or the Ajna Chakra
Stick to the below-given tips for opening the Third Eye Chakra.
- Practice the Kitchari mudra by folding your tongue towards the rear end of your throat.
- Shambhavi mudra
- Drinking lavender tea
- Eating chocolates, grapes & blueberries
- Yogas such as child pose and eye exercise
- Repeating the sound of ‘AUM.’
7) Crown Chakra or the Sahasrara
The Crown Chakra is the spiritual center of the body. It is located at the top of the head and comprises seven chakras. The Crown Chakra helps to connect you with your higher self and allows for a deeper connection with spiritual awareness. When you are in a state of bliss or enlightenment, your Crown Chakra is open and radiates light.
Its element is conscience, and the color white represents it.
Indications of a discorded Crown Chakra
- Imbalanced at the psyche level
- Being indecisive
- Feeling demotivated
- B) Physical Symptoms
Methods of rejuvenating the Crown Chakra
Keep in mind the below-mentioned techniques for activating the Crown Chakra.
- Yogas such as headstand and rabbit pose
- Meditating in silence
- Eating fresh fruits and vegetables, especially red grapes and eggplants
- Drinking herbal and ginger teas
The seven chakras in our human body significantly impact our physical, emotional, and spiritual health. They are deeply connected to how we function at the physical and psychological levels, spreading from the head to the spinal area. Mindful practices like yoga, meditation, journaling, choosing suitable crystals and eating the right food contribute to its healthy functioning.
However, if you are unsure what to do, it is best to seek the advice of a professional yoga trainer or a Reiki expert.
Read More : Gayatri Mantra: Meaning, Benefits, Importance