Rudrabhishekam Pooja is done to please Lord Shiva. This auspicious puja was first conducted by Lord Rama at Rameshwaram?before he crosses the sea to reach Lanka to relieve goddess Sita Devi from evil Ravana.?Here Lord Shiva is worshiped in the form of Rudra. Rudra is known as Agni or fire.
This Rudrabhishekam puja is done after the Lord Ganesha puja and Kalasha Sthapana, then after Prathista. The Shiva Ling Abhishekam is done with 11 ingredients like water, curd, milk, honey, ghee, etc. Chanting of Rudra mantras can purify the environment.
Religious Significance of Rudrabhishekam Pooja
- Lord Rama performed this pooja after the battle with Ravana to get rid of sins.
- It is believed that this pooja can help you gain Lord Shiva’s blessing.
- One can perform the Rudrabhishekam to wash out one?s sins and to bestows prosperity and happiness in one?s life and family.
- Prodosham day of every month is the very best time to perform this?puja and it is one of the favorite days of lord Shiva.
- Although, Mondays are also very auspicious to perform this puja.
- The pooja is accompanied by Chamakam?and?namaskar recitals and could be performed at any Shiva temples.
When?Rudrabhishekam Pooja Can be Performed
Mondays in the month of Shravan, Bhadrapada, Ashvija, and Kartika are most well suited for this pooja. During Masa Shivaratri, Pradosha, Chaturdashi, Purnima, and Amavasya are the best days to perform Rudrabhishekam. Contact Pandit for other auspicious dates according to your Janma Nakshatra.
Advantages of the Rudrabhishekam Pooja
- To get over certain crucial doshas in one’s astrological chart.
- Acquiring a healthy and prosperous life.
- By performing this puja the one wash out their bad karma and sins from their life.
- It helps to remove all the evil spirits and gives protection in life.
- It also aids bad effects from the lord Shani.
- This puja aids in getting rid of the bad effects of Lord Chandra and gets good health, harmony, a strong mind and money.
- This puja brings happiness and peace along with the family.
- It helps to Punarvasu, Ashlesha, and the Pushya nakshatras?to remove the evil effects.
Rudrabhishekam Pooja FAQ’S
Why Rudrabhishekam puja can be performed?
Rudrabhishekam puja can be performed to invoke the blessings of Lord Rudra. Lord Rudra is the savior of his devotees and the remover of the evil forces and negative energies.
Which god is worshiped on Rudrabhishekam puja?
What is Ekadasi Rudrabhishekam?
Ekadasi Rudrabhishekam is an elaborate puja, This puja is offered to Lord Shiva, he has eleven forms of Rudra?s. On the Ekadasi Rudrabhishekam puja, these eleven forms of Rudras are worshiped.
Who are the eleven Rudras?
According to ancient Puranas, the eleven Rudras are Aja, Ekapada, Ahirbudhnya, Tvasta, Rudra, Tryambaka, Sambhu, Aparajita, Isana, and Tribhuvana.
?What is the Rudra mantra?
?Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya?. It is a very powerful mantra of Lord Rudra.
What is the meaning of Rudra?
According to Rigveda, the lord Rudra associated with wind and the hunt, or the roarer. Generally, Rudra is the form of terror.
Helpful Links & Videos
? ? ??