Lord Ganesha is one of the most worshipped deities worldwide, and he is the son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. Religion does not stop people from worshipping him. Ganesha Chaturthi is almost the state festival of Maharashtra, with celebrations going on for weeks. Lord Ganesh is also known by his other names, such as Ganapathi, Vinayaka, Gajanana, Pillaiyar, etc.
About Ganapathi Homa
Ganapathi Homa or Gana homa, done in honor of Ganapathi, is a popular way of worshipping the Prathama poojita to seek his blessings in all the work to be carried out without any hindrances.
This homa is performed by invoking Lord Maha Ganapathi, followed by the chanting of Ganapathi Mantra and then performing the Ganapathi homa as per the shastras.
Significance of Ganapathi Homam
People perform Gana homa for various purposes, but the common reason is that everyone wishes to remove obstacles in the path of life. One should perform Gana homa –
- to beget health, money, fortune, success, and prosperity.
- to attain material, spiritual, health, and well-being.
- before starting any ceremony to remove any obstacles
- to remove Ketu dosha, which impacts professional and personal life.
Performing the homa on Sankata Hara Chaturthi day is said to be highly rewarding. It is the most auspicious day for worshiping Lord Ganesha. At PujaNPujari, we recommend performing Gana homa every year on Ganesha Chathurthi to attain your family’s prosperity, health, and well-being.
Benefits of performing Ganapathi Homa
- Performing Ganapathi Homa fills homes with positive energy and instills confidence in family members.
- Ganapathi homa effectively removes all the obstacles and problems that the worshipper might confront in their new life ventures, both personal and professional life.
- Lord Vinayak governs the Muladhara Chakra, which also relates to material prosperity. Hence, taking part in Gana Homa ensure financial stability and gains.
- Ganapathi Homam bestows the devotee and their family with good health. It greatly reduces and sometimes acts as the main factor in curing anxiety, depression, and injuries sustained during accidents.
- Praying to Lord Ganapathi also helps one to attain victories over mortal enemies.
- Worshiping Lord Ganesha by performing Ganapathi Homa every year, helps one achieve a good life, health, prosperity, and success in life.
Materials Required for Pooja/Puja Samagri
- Turmeric powder
- Sandal powder
- Oil lamp
- Neivedhya – usually modak
- Betal leaves
- Betal nuts
- Lord Ganesh Photo Frame
- Loose flowers
- Tied flowers
- Garike – Green grass said to the favorite of Ganapathi
- Banana leaves and fruit
- Akshatha (raw rice mixed with a small amount of turmeric powder and ghee)
These are the most common puja materials used in Ganapathi Idol Puja.
Ganapathi Homam Cost
The basic package at PujaNPujari starts with INR 3600/-. You can customize your package on our website and choose the package according to your needs. At PujaNPujari, we help you organize everything from booking purohits to perform the homam to delivering the required homam items to the comfort of your homes.
Consult our purohits today to find the auspicious time to perform this all benefitting homam and reap the benefits multifold. You can also call us to help you decide on the right package.
Which day is good for Ganapathi Homam?
Sankashta Hara Chaturthi day is very auspicious to perform Ganapathi Homam.
When can we do Ganapathi Homam?
Ganapathi Homam is usually performed during early morning hours before sunrise. Vinayaka Chaturthi and the third day of the Navaratri festival, called Tritiya, are considered very auspicious to perform this havana.
What are the benefits of Ganapathi Homa?
- Ganapathi Homam is performed to get happiness and prosperity.
- This Homam eliminates all the problems in life and bestows triumph in their path.
- By doing Ganapathi Homam, Kethu Dosha is removed.
Why is Ganapathi Homa Performed before any Puja/Homam?
According to ancient scriptures, Lord Ganesha got an elephant head with Lord Shiva and Brahma’s grace. After that, Lord Ganesha gets a boon as the one who is worshiped before any puja or Homam. He is called an obstacle remover, so we worship Lord Ganesha before any auspicious ritual.
What is the cost of Ganapathi Homam?
If you are looking to book the basic package, it will cost you INR 3600/-. With puja materials, the costing will come close to INR 5000/- to INR 8000/-. The cost always depends upon the decoration and grandness of the puja. If you want prasadam to be distributed, the price may vary depending upon the number of guests.
Is the cost the same Across India?
Puja N Pujari is a Bangalore based spiritual company, we have considered the price depending on performing puja in 4 languages Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu. And the price may vary depending on the location like Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Mysore due to puja materials like flowers cost will be varied.