The kitchen is regarded as the heart of the home due to its vital and irreplaceable role. For every household, the kitchen provides a warm and welcoming environment. It’s a place where all the family members spend quality time and build memories to last. And for that purpose, it needs special attention, as it is responsible for the health and well-being of the family. Another important aspect of the kitchen is that of the fire element. Because of the harmful effects of fire and its association with the fire element, one must exercise caution when placing objects in the kitchen.
More than anything else, the kitchen is where the Goddess Lakshmi dwells, so it is necessary to follow some mandatory Vastu tips for the kitchen.
A kitchen is a place in any house that is treated as the place of worship and Goddess Lakshmi resides there. It is believed to be a woman’s place where she cooks food for every member of her loving home. It is a sacred place that should be built with care removing all ill-effects because the kitchen is directly related to its owner or lady of the house and anything related to the kitchen directly affects the lady itself.
Moreover, it is very important to know the correct direction of the kitchen, as well as the place of the Gas stove, also matters. Since fire is an element that has an important significance in all Hindu households. So its important to know where to keep your microwave, stoves and other kitchen-related accessories. This knowledge is provided by pujanpujari team Vaastu Shastra experts as we have tie up’s with them. Kindly book an appointment with us and take the necessary suggestions before constructing your kitchen.
Why should we Use Vastu in the Kitchen?
Vastu is an art of arrangement of things, in which equity of negative and positive energies are attained. And a well-designed kitchen based on Vastu principles can aid in the creation of a harmonious and prosperous home. There is a strong ritual and belief that properly maintained and placed kitchen appliances such as gas stoves, basins, groceries, refrigerators, and others help promote a lively ambiance. As a result, the overall happiness and health of the household depends on it. Hence, let’s wade through a few kitchen Vastu tips.
You can help create a functional and auspicious kitchen for your home by following the simple Vastu tips for kitchen listed below.
Vastu Shastra Kitchen Direction
Vastu experts strongly advise positioning your kitchen in the southeast (to maintain kitchen Vastu for east-facing houses) and northwest directions (west-facing houses) to create a harmonious environment in your home. This direction is thought to be ruled by the fire element and thus an ideal location.
And if you are unable to accommodate in the southeast direction, you may choose the northwest. However, the north, west, and northeast directions should be avoided at all costs.
Nitin Parmar, an expert on Vastulogy, mentioned that ‘The east direction is the suitable position for cooking. Also, one must keep in mind to maintain the water taps in good working order, as a leaking pipe indicates loss of prosperity. As for the sink, it must be located in the north-western corner of the kitchen’.
Vastu Colours For The Kitchen
According to Vastu Consultants, incorporating the right colour into your kitchen can make a substantial difference in the home’s overall health. As a consequence to that, it must be chosen wisely after careful consideration and research.
Consider the following mentioned colours and get ready to revamp your kitchen with a positive aura-
Purity and freshness as the colour represents, painting your kitchen in white will create an environment of good energy.
One can’t imagine a happy and vibrant colour other than the colour yellow. Just a tinge of yellow is sufficient to spark cheerfulness on a dull face. Including it in your kitchen will make a huge difference.
- Shades of Pastel
Pastel colours such as mauve, baby blue, soft pink, and green generate a lovable environment.
- Light Brown
It is said that light brown shades in the kitchen stimulate our appetite and thus a healthy you.
Vastu Recommendations For Kitchen Slab
Vastu experts worldwide suggest a kitchen slab built of marble or stone instead of granite. As for the colours of the slab, it depends on which direction the kitchen is positioned.
Let’s have a look at the Vastu tips for kitchen slab colour based on the kitchen’s projection.
- South or southeast faced kitchen- Green, maroon, and brown colours.
- East faced kitchen- Green and brown slab.
- Northeast faced kitchen- Opt for a yellow slab.
- West direction kitchen- Yellow & grey slab.
Vastu Guidelines for Kitchen Equipments
- The stove should be arranged on the southeast side of the kitchen.
- The fridge should be positioned in the northwest corner of the kitchen.
- The sink should be installed in the northeast area of the kitchen.
- Cabinets and shelves should be placed in the south or west section of the kitchen.
- Gas cylinders to be placed in the southeast area.
- On the north-eastern side, drinking water must be installed.
- The south or southeast is regarded as auspicious for positioning other kitchen equipment like microwaves, heaters, or the exhaust fan, and the windows in the east.
- While it is suggested to install the exhaust fan and the windows in the east.
- Lastly, the entrance to the kitchen must be from east, west, or north.
Some do’s and don’t’s we are listing here which can be preferred for Vaastu Shastra knowledge of kitchen:
- The first and foremost important thing according to Vaastu Shastra is the direction, as per Vaastu Shastra a kitchen should always be present in the South-East direction of a house, which is assumed to be very auspicious and sometimes one can also prefer North-west direction too. It ensures health and wealth in the house.
- All the kitchen items are a representation of fire, and so each of them should be kept in the southeast direction so that while cooking the lady of the house faces East. It brings a healthy and happy life for her and brings positivity.
- Put the kitchen windows in the North, East, or North-East direction of the kitchen. It drains out the negativity present in the house.
- Another rule says that we should not keep the washbasins and cooking appliances like gas stoves and microwaves at the same level. It has a justified reason because fire and water both are opposites of each other, this brings negativity and leads to frequent quarrels, discussions among the family members.
- If the fridge is placed inside the kitchen then, we should place it in the south-west direction. It brings stability.
- Same as the fridge, all the grains and food stocks should be placed in the south-west direction of the house. Luck comes to them who follow these rules providing happiness and prosperity.
- Never apply black: color in your kitchen.
- Avoid the kitchen directly under or above the pooja/prayer room.
- Do not have a kitchen directly under or above toilets.
- Avoid the kitchen directly under or above the bedroom.
- Do not place cooking gas burner or stove directly in front kitchen’s entrance door.
- Do not have main door of the kitchen in any corner; place it in East, North, or West wall.
- A kitchen in North-East causes mental tension among family members, and they suffer great losses. This is a common Vastu defect, if – in your home – the kitchen is in the North-East corner
- The kitchen in South-West leads to clashes among family members.
Must and Should Follow tips for Kitchen
- According to Vastu Shastra god Agni(fire) triumph in a south-east direction. So preferably the kitchen should be placed in the south-east direction of the house.
- The entrance of the Kitchen: The entry door of the kitchen must place on the south, east, or west.
- Cooking Gas: A few inches away from the wall in south-east corner cooking gas should be placed. Don’t place the cooking gas in front of the kitchen main door.
- Dining in the Kitchen: Don’t place the dining table in the center of the kitchen and don’t serve food if it is in the center of the kitchen. East or north-facing is good for dining.
- Gas Cylinder: Filling gas cylinder should be placed in the south-east direction. And the empty cylinder should be in the south-west.
- Refrigerator: The refrigerator should be kept in the south-east, south, west, or north direction.
- Electric Equipment: Heaters, micro ovens, mixy, Grinder should be placed in south-east or south direction.
- Wash Basin: sink or washbasin kept in the north-east corner.
- Storage: For storing items south or west directions are good.
- Windows: The east direction of the kitchen is very good for windows.
- Colors: Red, yellow, orange, chocolate, green, and rose colors are the best for the kitchen.
Beyond Vaastu Shastra, some famous sayings are prevalent in India, and as per them its always suggested to clean the utensils before sleeping in the night, since Goddess Lakshmi visits us in silence and thus to invite her to your home its a nice option. As per one more saying, it said that always place water and other drinking utensils to the North or North-East direction of the kitchen. Many more sayings and customs practiced in each Indian household. Login to our website to book our qualified and experienced Vaastu experts. Puja N Pujari has tie-ups with famous vastu experts all around India. Call us on – +91 9916344447, +91 7406666730