The Gnana Saraswati and Vidhya Ganapathi Homam are performed to please Lord Ganesha and Saraswati Devi to remove obstacles in the career path. Homam executes to increase the learning capacities of an understudy to attain heights in scholastic studies.
Religious Significance of the Gana Saraswati and Vidhya Ganapathi Homa
- Saraswati is the goddess of knowledge, enlightenment and Ganesh is the Vighnaharaka or the remover of all obstacles.
- Dedicating Homa to them helps in resolving hurdles faced by students in achieving good results.
- This Homam alleviates us from mental pressure and increases our concentration, memory power and our ability to understand tough things.
- Vidya Ganapathi Homam especially is done for the students and for working professionals to get the blessings from Lord Ganesha.
- This Homam plays a key role to increase the soft skills of students to reach high levels in academic exams.
When Gnana Saraswati and Vidhya Ganapathi Homa Can be Performed
- Brahmi Muhurta on a Wednesday is perfect for performing this Homa or else a suitable date can be fixed by your birth chart.
- Vidya Ganapathi Homam is performed within 3months before any start of the exams or competition.
Advantages of Performing the Gnana Saraswati and Vidhya Ganapathi
- Improves concentration and the ability to memorize in students.
- Aids in understanding the complicated topics so that students may perform well in the exams.
- Performing this Homam aids to remove all the obstacles and problems in their life.
- Sri Vidya Ganapathi Homam is performed to decrease the malefic or bad impacts of planets in a horoscope.
- By doing Ganapathi Homam extracurricular activities like dances, music, arts and all the skills can also be improved.
What is Vidya Ganapathi Homa?
The word Vidya Ganapathi means the knowledge giver. The word Homa means fire ritual. By doing this Vidya Ganapathi Homam one will get knowledge and enlightenment.
Why Vidya Ganapathi and Gnana Saraswathi Homas are performed?
Lord Ganapathi and Goddess Saraswathi are the deities for knowledge. These Homas are performed to get the blessings from two supreme deities of knowledge.
Goddess Saraswathi is the giver of Knowledge, arts, music, and enlightenment. And the god Ganapathi gives good memory power.
When Vidya Ganapathi and Gnana Saraswathi Homam is performed?
Brahma muhurta and Wednesdays are auspicious to perform this ritual. Then, according to one’s Janma Nakshatra and Tithi, the date can be fixed by Purohit. Three months before the exams or competition, this Vidya Ganapathi Homam is performed.
How much time does the Homam takes to complete?
Generally, Homam is performed for the two-three hours. It is based on the package chosen for the Homam.
Can I pay half the amount as advance to book the Homam and pay the remaining amount as cash or pay online after the ritual?
Yes, you can pay half the amount in advance to confirm your Homam booking. You can pay the remaining amount after the ritual directly to our Pandits or through Online payment.
List the benefits of Vidya Ganapathi and Gnana Saraswathi Homam?
- By performing these Homams makes one highly competitive in your exams.
- It aids in increasing concentration and memory, then it makes the person think innovative and gives an analytical mind.
- It frees from mental pressure.
- It aids us to reach our goals.
- This Homam removes all obstacles in life.
- By doing this Homam one will improve in arts, dances, music, etc.
Vidya means - knowledge or power. Lord Ganapati refers to as wisdom of knowledge, so by performing Puja to Ganapathi to dwindle the knowledge. Ancient Vedic revels, the Homam is performed to fulfill our desires and to get satisfactory boons. The performer can earn the benefit from the Homam, and the Lord Ganesha will give blessings. Homam should be performed on an auspicious day.
Sankalpam( The Testimony of The Vedic Vidhi)
The word Sankalpam indicates the Vedic astrology of Panchang, place, time, day, Tithi, Nakshatra, Yogam, and Karanam. These are recited to the three trinities of Bhrama, Vishnu, and Shiva. The Vedic Vidhi recites for the current Vedic year and the Vedic name of the subcontinent and other significant elements. At the end of the Sankalpa needs family members Name, Gotra, Zodiac sign, Birth star to recite as a part of the puja and to get the blessings from the Lord Maha Ganapati, Navagrahas, family deity (kula devata), Grama devata and Ishta devata (favorite god one’s choice). So the first procedure is to invoke blessings from the deity.
The word of Punya Vachanam gives clarity of the clean ritual by invoking the blessings from the Lord Varuna (the lord of water) along with sacred rivers of the country namely Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, Narmada, Sindhu, and Cavery. The tirtha mantras are recited where the Punya Vachanam is performed, and their all the five elements are,
Jal - water
Vayu - air
Prithvi - earth
Agni - fire
Akasha - sky or space
By the chanting of Vedic mantras related to Lord Varuna, the place will be purified, where the positive energy is being retained in the pot and Punyavachana can be performed.
The kalasa puja can be done with the help of a copper vessel. Place the Kalasa, fill it with water, a coin and nine types of grains. In red cloth, one can tie the coconut. Then, coconut is placed on the top of Kalasa with mango leaves. By doing this procedure kalasa puja can be finished.
16 common offerings to the Deity during worship
Dhyana – Meditating
Aavaahana – Inviting the deity into the altar.
Asana – Giving a seat to the deity
Paadya – Washing the deity’s feet with pure water.
Arghya – to wash hands and mouth.
Aachamana – Offering drinking water to the Deity.
Snaana – Bath the deity idol with turmeric water, milk, curd, sugar, water.
Vasthra – Offering Clothes to the deity
Yagnopaveetha – Offering the thread to wear from his right shoulder
Gandha – apply sandalwood paste(mixed with water) on the forehead and shoulders to the deity
Pushpa – Offering fresh flowers while chanting the deity’s names.
Dhoop – Spreading fragrance to the altar.
Deepa –offering a Diya to illuminate the surrounding decorated deity.
Naivedya – offering food to the deity.
Taambula – Offering betel nut and leaves with fruits.
Harathi - offering Harathi by lighting camphor
Purohit does puja to the Deity with Ashotathara(108) names of particular God or Goddess. Before performing Ashtotaram he does Archana with Tithi, devotee name, birth star, Gothram, and also with family member names for the welfare of the entire family.
The Agni takes the offerings made by the devotee and the Purohit. As a part of the ritual, at the end of this puja special items are offered to Agni like food items, ghee while chanting Vedic Mantra.
Maha Mangal Aarti
The Astavedha Seva has done along with the Vedic chants. The camphor aarti, flowers, and Akshatha will be offered.
- I have dream to get selected to civils, so I approached pandit he suggested me to do vidhya ganapathi homa. I did ganapathi homa with the help of pujari in the temple. It really helped me in better understanding of the studies.Sandeep Sep 15, 2020
Puja performance rating
4.5 / 5
- Special offers during festivals and discount for Homam impressend me. Purohit did puja in Malayalam language, all our family members are comfortable to understand pooja process.Naga lakshmi Nov 25, 2019
Puja performance rating
4.5 / 5
- I attended puja vidya ganapati homam, pandit performed well, with all the puja material he did puja. nice experience.Raghu Jun 20, 2019
Puja performance rating
5 / 5