Rudrabhishekam Pooja is done to please Lord Shiva. This auspicious puja was first conducted by Lord Rama at Rameshwaram before he crosses the sea to reach Lanka to relieve goddess Sita Devi from evil Ravana. Here Lord Shiva is worshiped in the form of Rudra. Rudra is known as Agni or fire.
This Rudrabhishekam puja is done after the Lord Ganesha puja and Kalasha Sthapana, then after Prathista. The Shiva Ling Abhishekam is done with 11 ingredients like water, curd, milk, honey, ghee, etc. Chanting of Rudra mantras can purify the environment.
Religious Significance of Rudrabhishekam Pooja
- Lord Rama performed this pooja after the battle with Ravana to get rid of sins.
- It is believed that this pooja can help you gain Lord Shiva's blessing.
- One can perform the Rudrabhishekam to wash out one’s sins and to bestows prosperity and happiness in one’s life and family.
- Prodosham day of every month is the very best time to perform this puja and it is one of the favorite days of lord Shiva.
- Although, Mondays are also very auspicious to perform this puja.
- The pooja is accompanied by Chamakam and namaskar recitals and could be performed at any Shiva temples.
When Rudrabhishekam Pooja Can be Performed
Mondays in the month of Shravan, Bhadrapada, Ashvija, and Kartika are most well suited for this pooja. During Masa Shivaratri, Pradosha, Chaturdashi, Purnima, and Amavasya are the best days to perform Rudrabhishekam. Contact Pandit for other auspicious dates according to your Janma Nakshatra.
Advantages of the Rudrabhishekam Pooja
- To get over certain crucial doshas in one's astrological chart.
- Acquiring a healthy and prosperous life.
- By performing this puja the one wash out their bad karma and sins from their life.
- It helps to remove all the evil spirits and gives protection in life.
- It also aids bad effects from the lord Shani.
- This puja aids in getting rid of the bad effects of Lord Chandra and gets good health, harmony, a strong mind and money.
- This puja brings happiness and peace along with the family.
- It helps to Punarvasu, Ashlesha, and the Pushya nakshatras to remove the evil effects.
Rudrabhishekam Pooja FAQ'S
Why Rudrabhishekam puja can be performed?
Rudrabhishekam puja can be performed to invoke the blessings of Lord Rudra. Lord Rudra is the savior of his devotees and the remover of the evil forces and negative energies.
Which god is worshiped on Rudrabhishekam puja?
What is Ekadasi Rudrabhishekam?
Ekadasi Rudrabhishekam is an elaborate puja, This puja is offered to Lord Shiva, he has eleven forms of Rudra’s. On the Ekadasi Rudrabhishekam puja, these eleven forms of Rudras are worshiped.
Who are the eleven Rudras?
According to ancient Puranas, the eleven Rudras are Aja, Ekapada, Ahirbudhnya, Tvasta, Rudra, Tryambaka, Sambhu, Aparajita, Isana, and Tribhuvana.
What is the Rudra mantra?
“Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya”. It is a very powerful mantra of Lord Rudra.
What is the meaning of Rudra?
According to Rigveda, the lord Rudra associated with wind and the hunt, or the roarer. Generally, Rudra is the form of terror.
Helpful Links & Videos
Rudrabhishekam is performed with Honey, milk, curd, and ghee offered to Lord Shiva while chanting Rudra mantra. This puja performs based on the Veda Sastra and portrays the deity with cosmic thoughts. Rudra is the form of Lord Shiva and can worship twelve forms of Rudras. He protects his devotees. Meanwhile, he purifies all circumstances, and puja should conduct at the Shiva temple only.
Names of twelve Rudras
Siva, Mrigavyadha, Kapardi, Dahana, Khara, Ahirabradhya, Kapali, Pingala, Nirriti, Senani
Sankalpam( The Testimony of The Vedic Vidhi)
The word Sankalpam indicates the Vedic astrology of Panchang, place, time, day, Tithi, Nakshatra, Yogam, and Karanam. These are recited to the three trinities of Bhrama, Vishnu, and Shiva. The Vedic Vidhi recites for the current Vedic year and the Vedic name of the subcontinent and other significant elements. At the end of the Sankalpa needs family members Name, Gotra, Zodiac sign, Birth star to recite as a part of the puja and to get the blessings from the Lord Maha Ganapati, Navagrahas, family deity (kula devata), Grama devata and Ishta devata (favorite god one’s choice). So the first procedure is to invoke blessings from the deity.
The Ganapati puja is considered as an auspicious for all the ceremonies while starting the puja. By doing Ganapathi puja, will get free from obstacles, hurdles in life. It acquires materialistic, spirituality in life.
16 common offerings to the Deity during daily worship
Dhyana – Meditating
Aavaahana – Inviting the deity into the altar.
Asana – Giving a seat to the deity
Paadya – Washing the deity’s feet with pure water.
Arghya – to wash hands and mouth.
Aachamana – Offering drinking water to the Deity.
Snaana – Bath the deity idol with turmeric water, milk, curd, sugar, water.
Vasthra – Offering Clothes to the deity
Yagnopaveetha – Offering the thread to wear from his right shoulder
Gandha – apply sandalwood paste(mixed with water) on the forehead and shoulders to the deity
Pushpa – Offering fresh flowers while chanting the deity’s names.
Dhoop – Spreading fragrance to the altar.
Deepa –offering a Diya to illuminate the surrounding decorated deity.
Naivedya – offering food to the deity.
Taambula – Offering betel nut and leaves with fruits.
Harathi - offering Harathi by lighting camphor
The word Punya Vachanam gives clarity of the clean ritual by invoking the blessings from the Lord Varuna (the lord of water) along with sacred rivers of the country namely Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, Narmada, Sindhu, and Cavery. The tirtha mantras are recited where the Punya Vachanam is performed, and their all the five elements are,
Jal - water
Vayu - air
Prithvi - earth
Agni - fire
Akasha - sky or space
By the chanting of Vedic mantras related to Lord Varuna, the place will be purified, where the positive energy is being retained in the pot and Punyavachana can be performed.
Navagrahas are nine planets, and each planet governs a specific element (five elements) in the life cycle, so the certain specified planetary combinations in the horoscope give both malefic effects and good effects.
The beneficial effects are taken into consideration of the particular planet individually and also in their combination. Generally to rectify or to neutralize the evil effect of the planets Navagraha puja can be performed along with Navagraha mantras.
To remove the malefic effects of the planets this Navagraha puja can be performed. During this puja one will get blessings from Adidevata (subordinate lord of the planet), ‘Prathana Devata’ (main deity of the planet).
The Kalasa puja can be done with the help of a copper vessel. Place the Kalasa, fill it with water, a coin and nine types of grains. In red cloth, one can tie the coconut. Then, coconut is placed on the top of Kalasa with mango leaves. By doing this procedure Kalasa puja can be finished.
Purohit does puja to the Deity with Ashotathara(108) names of particular God or Goddess. Before performing Ashtotaram he does Archana with Tithi, devotee name, birth star, Gothram, and also with family member names for the welfare of the entire family. Purohit offers coconut, incense stick, Banana, Flower to God and Goddess to get blessings.
After performing the puja, Purohit offers Naivedya to God and completes the Shodashopachara Puja.
The Naivedyam which is offered to God is called Prasadam and is distributed to the devotees. In Hindu, culture Prasadam has given more importance, as it flourishes the life full of prosperity and well being. People who are unable to go temple can also have Prasadam to get the benefits of puja.
Maha Mangal Aarti
The Astavedha Seva has done along with the Vedic chants. The camphor Aarti, flowers, and Akshatha has offered.
- Our family Pandit suggested us to perform this page to overcome problems, We booked this pooja at Puja n pujari for 4 days before. Even though its short time the whole team made the perfect arrangements. Our family didn't even know the proper significance Puja the pandit has explained everything with 108 lord shiva avatarsKumar Nov 4, 2020
Puja performance rating
4.5 / 5
- Good online pooja service from Puja N PujariNitin Oct 21, 2020
Puja performance rating
5 / 5
- I am a great devotee of Lord Shiva, I want to dedicate special puja to Shiva. For that I consulted pujaNpujari as online services are available. I booked online slot for puja pandit arrived on time. The information which I have gathered through puja services and it is very helpful for me to have spiritual growth. Thanks for your support panditji.Dharanendra Jun 24, 2020
Puja performance rating
4.5 / 5
- We did a rudrabhishekam puja for my family health issues,i got a good pandit in your website,his way of doing puja very good.Thats why now there is no health issues in my family.Thanks alot panditji.Raghavendra V Desai Jun 12, 2019
Puja performance rating
5 / 5