Janmashtami marks the birthday of Sri Krishna. People celebrate with lots of enthusiasm and joy all over India. The Vedas says that Lord Bishnu took the form of Sri Krishna on the day of Janmashtami. Also, the historical background of Lord Krishna’s birth depicts the importance of this special Hindu festival.
Sri Krishna took birth at midnight in the Shravana month. Sri Krishna Janmashtami is one of the popular festivals in this country. On the auspicious day of Krishna Jayanthi, devotees celebrate the day with a great amount of zeal. They perform Janmashtami pooja to pay respect to baby Krishna.
To perform the rituals, you need certain types of Pooja items. If you are thinking about online shopping, Puja N Pujari is the right place for you to buy. Also, the price range for the Janmashtami decoration items is pretty decent.
Significance of Shri Krishna Janmashtami
Krishna Ashtami or Janmashtami has an important place in the Bhagavad Gita. The verses in Bhagavad Gita says that Lord Bishnu reincarnates whenever there is a reduction of religion and the evil takes control of the situation. In the new avatar, Lord Bishnu kills the evil and brings in good.
The main purpose of Shri Krishna Birthday is to discourage all kinds of bad will and embrace only the good ones. Lord Krishna Janmashtami celebrates the feeling of togetherness. On this holy occasion, people come together and forget their pain. Shri Krishna Janmashtami signifies faith and unity among people.
The celebration starts with the tale of baby Shri Krishna’s birth. The devotees remember and recite the tale in households and temples. It reflects the divine power of Shri Krishna. The devotees sing different types of devotional songs dedicated to the Lord. On this auspicious day, people visit the temples and offer their prayers.
Devotees join their hands and bow with great respect in front of the idol. A small cradle with a baby Krishna’s idol inside symbolizes his birth. People swing the cradle with sheer joy and excitement. They celebrate the arrival of Lord Krishna by singing bhajans and reciting prayers.
During the festival, devotees fast for an entire day until midnight or the following day. It is a waterless fast, which means devotees can’t even drink water. The soothing aroma of the incense sticks, the fragrance from the flowers, the chanting of prayers, and the mesmerizing sound of bhajans makes the atmosphere filled with divinity.
Krishna Ashtami brings back the feeling of unity and sheer joy. Janmashtami Pooja worships Lord Krishna. You can find sermons and advice in the Bhagavad Gita. Each word inspires you to fight against evil and injustice.
Janmashtami Decoration Items
Janmashtami is the occasion where devotees pamper the child God to shower blessings. So, devotees use many traditional decoration items during this auspicious festival. It is the right time to decorate the cradle (or jhula) of Shri Krishna with flowers. Also, decorate your house to celebrate Krishna birthday. Here are some decorative items for the festival.
- Janmashtami items – Janmashtami celebrates Shri Krishna's birthday. So, the decoration should begin with the idol itself. To decorate the idol, you have to buy is some good dresses. There are different kinds of designer dresses available for your child God. Choose the right one that fits your idol at home. Other items may include jhula, flute, and accessories. Decorate your child God with every kind of adorable things on this special day.
- Krishna jhula – Celebrating the auspicious day of Janmashtami without a jhula seems incomplete. It is good to place Lord Krishna over a jhula during the occasion of Janmashtami. So, arrange for a beautiful swing from an online shopping store like Puja N Pujari. Decorate it with fresh flowers so that it becomes more appealing.
- Krishna chowki – One of the common positions of Lord Krishna you can see is on a chowki. Shri Krishna sits on a chowki and plays the flute. So, why not make arrangements for some decorated chawkis on this special occasion? You can even make these chowkies at home. You may decorate them with items of your choice. Take some part of the chunri print cloth to give the chowki a good and colorful look.
- Krishna wall hangings – Another popular Janmashtami items are they wall hangings. These kinds of Krishna wall hangings adorn the image of Shri Krishna. You know that people celebrate the festival in a traditional way. Different types of wall hangings have an ethnic touch in them. Embroidered cloth panels appear quite appealing as festival decorations. These wall hangings increase the appearance of your home during this period.
- Krishna door hangings – You can paste the pictures of Shri Krishna all over the door hangings. As such, it would appear like a unique decorative item. Door hangings are attractive items that make the place beautiful. It helps to cast away all kinds of evils from your home. Moreover, you can personalize the door hangings by pasting or stitching.
You can use other forms of Janmashtami symbols on door hangings. These are peacock feathers (Mor Pankh), flute, or pots containing buttermilk. Adorning your home with these types of items improves the ethnic beauty of your home.