Shani is the son of Lord Sun or Surya God. Shani as Saturn and he is the lord of Karma. The lord Shani is a slow mover planet he recites the human karmas and punishes responsibility. Lord Shiva reduces the Shani dosha, he is the most powerful planet among the nine planets. He is the symbol of karma, truthfulness, judgment, spiritual, intelligent and moreover. Shani gives struggles but, finally removes the bad karma in your life. His judgment of Karma's law is to be the honor of karma performed. Shani Graha is bad at the beginning of life but at the end of the period, you may get benefits.
Shani Graha Japa can be performed during the Shani dosha to get rid of issues and the Law of karma practice. According to the Vedic astrology remarks about the Shani Graha which symbolizes karma god and gives punishment depends on karma(actions/work performed by a person).
Religious significance of Shani Graha Japa
This Japa is done according to the Janma Star, Time, Thithi, and the Saturday, because of the lord Shani born on Saturday while completing the Japa on this day will remove obstacles in your life. Shani dosha occurs depends on the Rasi and nakshatra with a person’s karma.
When Shani Graha Japa Can Be Performed
- Shani Graha Japa is done when you got the effect from the Shani dosha depends on the astrology and changing in other Rasi nakshatras. If the Shani Graha is weak in your horoscope, you can perform the Japa for Shani to move to another Rasi depends on the Karma level.
- Ardha Ashtama Shani is for four years, it depends upon the position of lord Shani corresponding to ones Lagna.
- During Ashtama, one will get health issues because of Shani.
- Lord Shani considered Karma lord, he involves karma levels in a particular duration, which is most powerful in 7 1/2 years Shani dosha. You can face many struggles in your life, but at the end of the year, the Shani allows shining in your life. Shani Japa reduces the karma, mistakes, and bestows the blessing in your life.
Shani Graha Ring /Gem Stone
Shani - Blue Sapphire is known as the Neelam stone. It refers to Lord Shani, and the bluestone represents the strength of him. The germs neutralize the malefic effects when Shani is weak in his position according to the Horoscope. If you wear the ring to the ring finger on Saturday will get better benefits.
Neelam stone signifies the strength, feminine power, and to overcome the enemies.
Benefits of Shani Graha Japa
Shani gives proper justice for life, honor, the power to differentiate good evil, knowledge power, calm and cosmic.
He removes obstacles in your life, removes health issues.
"Om Hlim Sham Shanaye Namah"
"Om Praam Preem Praum Sah Shanayishraya Namah"
"Om Sham Shanayscharaya Namaha"
"Aum Aing Hring Shring Shung Shanaishcharaye Namah Aum"
Shani Graha Japa FAQ'S
Who is Shani Graha?
Shani is a son of Lord Surya and he is a form of Lord Shiva. Shani was created for karma, as well as he is the most prominent celestial body among the nine planets. Generally, the Shani considered an inauspicious deity but he is a justice god to the human being.
What is the purpose of Shani Graha Japa?
However, the Shani Graha Japa can be performed for removing negative effects, Dosha effects and rescue from the evil force.
What is Shani Graha Japa?
Shani Graha Japa is performed to appease Lord Shani with proper chanting of Shani mantras.
Can we perform Shani Graha Japa at home?
Yes, we can perform Shani Graha Japa at home but after complete the puja, the performer should get a blessing from the Shani and Hanuman. Meanwhile, the Japa performs on the suitable day of Lord Shani.
What is Shani governed to the Astrology?
As per Astrology, Shani is the god for Karma, he creates sorrow, distress, pains, depression and some obstacles based on our past karma level. Lord Shani gives punishment or refreshes based on our karma balance.
Is it true? Shani was married?
Yes, Dhamini, is the consort of Lord Shani.
Shani look is good or not?
Shani look gives a lot of struggle, sorrows during Shani Dosha in one’s horoscope after complete the Dosha, he provides good justice.
Some people thing Shani is a Bad? Is it true?
It is one of the Negative thoughts. In the present day, he creates many sufferings but, no one knows Shani removes our past karma dosha. So, Lord Shani considers a bad deity. But he is a good deity.
How many times mantra should be chanted during the Shani Graha Japa? what is the suitable Navadhanya?
The performer should chant the mantra 19,000 times without distraction. The black til is suitable for Navadhanya for Lord Shani.
Sankalpam( The Testimony of The Vedic Vidhi)
The word Sankalpam indicates the Vedic astrology of Panchang, place, time, day, Tithi, Nakshatra, Yogam, and Karanam. These are recited to the three trinities of Bhrama, Vishnu, and Shiva. The Vedic Vidhi recites for the current Vedic year and the Vedic name of the subcontinent and other significant elements. At the end of the Sankalpa needs family members Name, Gotra, Zodiac sign, Birth star to recite as a part of the puja and to get the blessings from the Lord Maha Ganapati, Navagrahas, family deity (kula devata), Grama devata and Ishta devata (favorite god one’s choice). So the first procedure is to invoke blessings from the deity.
The Ganapati puja is considered as an auspicious for all the ceremonies while starting the puja. By doing Ganapathi puja, you will get free from obstacles, hurdles in life. It acquires materialistic, spirituality in life.
16 common offerings to the Deity during worship
Dhyana – Meditating
Aavaahana – Inviting the deity into the altar.
Asana – Giving a seat to the deity
Paadya – Washing the deity’s feet with pure water.
Arghya – to wash hands and mouth.
Aachamana – Offering drinking water to the Deity.
Snaana – Bath the deity idol with turmeric water, milk, curd, sugar, water.
Vasthra – Offering Clothes to the deity
Yagnopaveetha – Offering the thread to wear from his right shoulder
Gandha – apply sandalwood paste(mixed with water) on the forehead and shoulders to the deity
Pushpa – Offering fresh flowers while chanting the deity’s names.
Dhoop – Spreading fragrance to the altar.
Deepa –offering a Diya to illuminate the surrounding decorated deity.
Naivedya – offering food to the deity.
Taambula – Offering betel nut and leaves with fruits.
Harathi - offering Harathi by lighting camphor
The word Punya Vachanam gives clarity of the clean ritual by invoking the blessings from the Lord Varuna (the lord of water) along with sacred rivers of the country namely Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, Narmada, Sindhu, and Cavery. The tirtha mantras are recited where the Punya Vachanam is performed, and their all the five elements are,
Jal - water
Vayu - air
Prithvi - earth
Agni - fire
Akasha - sky or space
By the chanting of Vedic mantras related to Lord Varuna, the place will be purified, where the positive energy is being retained in the pot and Punyavachana can be performed.
Navagrahas are nine planets and each planet governs a specific element (five elements) in the life cycle, so the certain specified planetary combinations in the horoscope give both malefic effects and good effects.
The beneficial effects are taken into consideration of the particular planet individually and also in their combination, generally to rectify or to neutralize the evil effect of the planets. During Navagraha puja chanting of mantras is replaced continuously.
To remove the malefic effects of the planets this navagraha puja can be performed. During this puja one will get blessings from Adidevata (subordinate lord of the planet), ‘Prathana Devata’ (main deity of the planet).
The Kalasa puja can be done with the help of a copper vessel. Place the Kalasa, fill it with water, a coin and nine types of grains. In red cloth, one can tie the coconut. Then, coconut is placed on the top of Kalasa with mango leaves. By doing this procedure, Kalasa puja can be finished.
Shani Graha Japa Parayanam
- Shani is the son of Lord Surya god. Shani is the lord of Karma as well as the 7th planet of nine planets. The Shani is a slow mover planet in the birth chart, people in Shani dosha struggles for years, in the final gives benefits.
- When Shani Graha stands in an unfavorable position in one’s life, this Japa gives free from the Shani dosha and bad karma. According to Vedic astrology, Saturn considered as law Lord.
- People who are suffering from malefic doshas can perform Japa/Homam.
- Japa count for Shani Graha(Shani/ Saturn) is19,000 i.e Japa/mantra is chanted by the devotee for 19000 times to please Jupiter planet and to remove the malefic effects.
- Homam(fire ritual) is performed for Shani Graha to reduce the malefic doshas. Purohit performs the chanting of mantra for 1900 times under the name of the devotee.
- Brahmana Bojanam along with Dakshana and should provide black clothes.
- Japas to be done for 40 days or it can complete in longer or shorter duration under the guidance of Vedic purohit ranging from 4 to 10 numbers.
- Generally, Shani Graha Japa is done depending on the combination of planets or locum of Graha. It can increase or dwindle as per the astrological combination of Horoscope
- Japa for Navagrahas is performed along with their Adidevata and Pradhan Devata as per the planetary numbers as mentioned in the Vedic text.
- I am in elinanati shani at that time shani gave more problems,to remove that problems we have done this Shani Graha japa. In that cerenomy panditji have done a very good role.Vikas Jun 17, 2019
Puja performance rating
5 / 5