Sudarshana devaru is a weapon in the form of Chakra or disc. It is the weapon of Lord Vishnu and Krishna. It is visible in the right hand of Lord Vishnu and Krishna, it saves one from their enemies and removes evil forces. This Japa is performed to destroy and overcome obstacles or problems caused by enemies and to protect the person from evil strength. Maha Sudarshana Japa is performed to invoke lord Sudharshana or Vishnu followed by the reciting Mantras of lord Sudarshana then the Japa is performed as per Vedic Shastras.
Religious Significance of Maha Sudarshana Japa
The Sudarshana Chakra destroys all evil and malicious elements under the governance of Lord Vishnu. Performing the Maha Sudarshana Japa will appease Sudarshana(Maha Vishnu) so that he demolishes the darkness and troubles in your life.
According to tantric texts, Mantravada doshas are ten types from 10 directions, they are Marana (Death), Mohana, Uchatana (Separation), Vidhveshana (misunderstanding), Prayoga, Mantra, Tantra (spell), Visha Choorna (Poison), Abhichara (black magic) and Kruthrima (deception). The Sudarshana Japa is the remedy to get rid of all the ten doshas.
Sudarshana chakra has the attribution of removing the sins. It has healing characteristics. Sudarshana Japa gives relief from an affliction of many health issues and even possession by the mighty evils. While performing this Japa, performer seeks material benefits or spiritual benefits, he will get after the completion of the Sudarshana Japa.
When the Maha Sudarshana Japa Can be Performed
Ekadashi and Poornima are favorable for this Japa. Suitable day for this Japa can be fixed according to the Janma Nakshatra or Tithi.
The Sudarshana Japa is the best protection puja from all the demons or evils, remedy for all doshas and to get rid of the problems or troubles from enemies, evil eye, black magic, and fear. It also helps in removing oppression by evil strengths and health problems.
Advantages of Performing the Maha Sudarshana Japa
- This Japa helps in evading negativity or harmful intentions of others
- It offers financial gain and success.
- Sudarshana Japa protects us from enemies and evil spirits.
- This Japa is a very powerful remedy for a person who severely affected by evil forces or any other negative energies or black magic.
Maha Sudarshana Japa FAQ's
Who is the lord for Sudarshana Chakra?
Sudarshana Chakra is a revolving weapon, like a disk. It is having 108 serrate fringes, and it is used by Lord Vishnu. Lord Vishnu is the god for Sudarshana Chakra.
What is the meaning of Sudarshana?
Generally, the word Sudarshana means beautiful. According to Hinduism, the Sudarshana name belongs to Kumbh Rashi and Nakshatra Sathabisham.
How did God Vishnu got Sudarshana Chakra weapon?
According to the Shiva Purana, The Sudarshana Chakra gifted by Lord Shiva to Lord Vishnu. When the lord Vishnu worshiped Lord Shiva by offering 999 lotus flowers, and the thousandth one being one of his eyes, then Lord Shiva grants the powers of Sudarshana Chakra to Lord Vishnu, and finally gained the weapon.
Is Sudarshana Chakra more powerful?
According to mythology, Sudarshana chakra represented as the more powerful weapon of cosmos, it is embellished for Lord Vishnu’s index finger like a ring, and it has miraculous powers.
Why is Sudarshana Japa performed?
The Maha Sudarshana Japa is performed to invoke the lord Sudarshana, followed by the reciting of god Sudarshana mantras. Along with the mantras the sudarshana japa is performed as per the Shastra.
Why is Sudarshana Homam performed?
It is a more powerful weapon and forcefully slices out the negative forces with its spinning motion. It is always victorious. Sudarshana Homam is one of the sacred fire rituals and performed to remove any kind of suffering. This Homam invokes the powerful energy of Sudarshana god, to remove sufferings and enemies.
When Sudarshana Homam performed?
Purnima, Dwadasi days are very auspicious to perform this Homam. If the Ekadasi falls on Wednesdays, Saturdays considered as auspicious.
Sudarshana god has a weapon in the form of Chakra or disc. It is the weapon of Lord Vishnu and Krishna. It is visible in the right hand of Lord Vishnu and Krishna, it saves from the enemies, evil forces, and enemy trouble. This Japa is performed to destroy and overcome obstacles or problems.
Sankalpam( The Testimony of The Vedic Vidhi)
The word Sankalpam indicates the Vedic astrology of Panchang, place, time, day, Tithi, Nakshatra, Yogam, and Karanam. These are recited to the three trinities of Bhrama, Vishnu, and Shiva. The Vedic Vidhi recites for the current Vedic year and the Vedic name of the subcontinent and other significant elements. At the end of the Sankalpa needs family members Name, Gotra, Zodiac sign, Birth star to recite as a part of the puja and to get the blessings from the Lord Maha Ganapati, Navagrahas, family deity (kula devata), Grama devata and Ishta devata (favorite god one’s choice). So the first procedure is to invoke blessings from the deity.
The Ganapati puja is considered as an auspicious for all the ceremonies while starting the puja. By doing Ganapathi puja, you will get free from obstacles, hurdles in life. It acquires materialistic, spirituality in life.
16 common offerings to the Deity during worship
Dhyana – Meditating
Aavaahana – Inviting the deity into the altar.
Asana – Giving a seat to the deity
Paadya – Washing the deity’s feet with pure water.
Arghya – to wash hands and mouth.
Aachamana – Offering drinking water to the Deity.
Snaana – Bath the deity idol with turmeric water, milk, curd, sugar, water.
Vasthra – Offering Clothes to the deity
Yagnopaveetha – Offering the thread to wear from his right shoulder
Gandha – apply sandalwood paste(mixed with water) on the forehead and shoulders to the deity
Pushpa – Offering fresh flowers while chanting the deity’s names.
Dhoop – Spreading fragrance to the altar.
Deepa –offering a Diya to illuminate the surrounding decorated deity.
Naivedya – offering food to the deity.
Taambula – Offering betel nut and leaves with fruits.
Harathi - offering Harathi by lighting camphor
The word Punya Vachanam gives clarity of the clean ritual by invoking the blessings from the Lord Varuna (the lord of water) along with sacred rivers of the country namely Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, Narmada, Sindhu, and Cavery. The tirtha mantras are recited where the Punya vachanam is performed, and their all the five elements are,
Jal - water
Vayu - air
Prithvi - earth
Agni - fire
Akasha - sky or space
By the chanting of Vedic mantras related to Lord Varuna, the place will be purified, where the positive energy is being retained in the pot and Punyavachana can be performed.
- Navagrahas are nine planets, and each planet governs a specific element (five elements) in the life cycle, so the certain specified planetary combinations in the horoscope give both malefic effects and good effects.
- The beneficial effects are taken into consideration of the particular planet individually and also in their combination. Generally to rectify or to neutralize the evil effect of the planets Navagraha puja can be performed along with Navagraha mantras.
- To remove the malefic effects of the planets this Navagraha puja can be performed. During this puja one will get blessings from Adidevata (subordinate lord of the planet), ‘Prathana Devata’ (main deity of the planet).
The Kalasa puja can be done with the help of a copper vessel. Place the Kalasa, fill it with water, a coin and nine types of grains. In red cloth, one can tie the coconut. Then, coconut is placed on the top of Kalasa with mango leaves. By doing this procedure Kalasa puja can be finished.
Maha Sudarsana Japa
- The Lord Sudarshana destroys all evil and malicious elements under the governance of Lord Vishnu. Performing the Maha Sudarshana Japa will appease Sudarshana Devaru so that he demolishes the darkness and troubles in your life.
- Ekadashi and Poornima are favorable for this Japa. Suitable day for this Japa can be fixed according to the Janma Nakshatra of Tithi.
- The Sudarshana Japa is the best protection puja from all the demons or evils, remedy for all doshas and to get rid of the problems or troubles from enemies, evil eye, black magic, and fear. It also helps in oppression by evil strengths and health problems.
- Great experience, my native place is Delhi and done the puja in Bangalore with the support of PujaNPujari. Hindi Purohit performed puja with great assistance.Raju Prasad Nov 23, 2019
Puja performance rating
5 / 5
- Very nice experience with the pandit, explained well before doing puja. Very happyVenkataraman Shivakumar Jun 20, 2019
Puja performance rating
5 / 5