The beheaded body of Asura Rahu is known as Ketu Graha which is a shadow that plays a vital role in governing our horoscope. This Graha rules arena of corruption, disharmony, and spirituality. The Ketu Graha Japa helps in appeasing and gaining his favor.
Religious Significance of Ketu Graha Japa
- Being a part of an Asura, Ketu can wreak havoc if it is unfavorably positioned in your horoscope. The Ketu Graha Japa is a powerful method of calming and pleasing this Graha.
- Ketu Graha represents the execution of good and bad karmic accumulation. It signifies, wisdom, spirituality, corruption, dividedness, etc. A wrongly placed Ketu or malefic in one’s horoscope can be barbarous and cruel. By performing Ketu Graha Japa one can get all the positive results from Ketu Graha.
- Ketu Graha Japa is performed by invoking planet Ketu and chanting mantras to please the planet as per the Shastras to remove the entire problem happening due to this dosha.
When Ketu Graha Japa can be Performed
- Tuesdays or any day suitable to your Janma Nakshatra is perfect for performing this Japa. If lord Ketu occupies the zodiac sign and his position from ascendent(Lagna) is 1, 2, 3 and any house among these 12 houses either individually or combined form with other planets. It is to consider to be malefic and the Japa is performed according to one’s horoscope in unfavorable conditions and also in a favorable condition to promote the strength of the planet(Guru).
- All the members of the family can take part in this Japa according to their age group the planet or Graha will give its effect corresponding to their horoscope position, where the planet is individual or in a combination, and the same thing has to be taken into consideration while performing Japa for an individual or a group. And The variation for each individual is determined as per their horoscope position or the nature of work for which the Japa has to be performed.
Ketu Graha Ring/Stone
Cat’s eye gemstone is the Ketu Graha Ring/stone color. It is an inimical gemstone. This stone is worn to a ring finger or middle finger. Wear the ring on Tuesday during the ascending Shukla paksha.
Gayatri Mantra for Ketu
"Om Chitravarnaya vidhmahe,
tanno Ketu prachodayat"
Advantages of Performing the Ketu Graha Japa
- It helps to get rid of Ketu Graha Dosha in the horoscope.
- Prevents accidents and other misfortunes.
- By performing Ketu Graha Japa positive results will come and it removes the negative or malefic effects.
Ketu Graha FAQ's
Who is Ketu Graha?
Ketu is one of the nine planets. Ketu is a lord for intelligence, wisdom, non-attachment, fantasy, derangement, psychic abilities, etc. Ketu planet is contemplate responsible for moksha, gnana, sannyasa, self-realization, restlessness, etc.
Why should we do Shanti puja for Ketu planet?
There are several solutions to decrease the malefic effects of Ketu Graha. To remove Ketu dosh Ketu Shanti puja is performed, or wear a Ketu Graha gemstone (cat’s eye). It removes Ketu doshas and increases its benefits.
What is the Gemstone of Ketu Graha?
As per Hindu astrological and gemological texts, CAT' S Eye is the gemstone of planet Ketu. As per olden scriptures, two-color variants are to strengthen to Ketu Graha.
What are the malefic or bad effects of planet Ketu?
In one’s horoscope, if mars are strong Ketu gives auspicious benefits. It is trusted that a troubled Ketu brings more aching than malefic mars. It bestows a sense of detachment, and the person strolls aimlessly in life.
Which planet is called Ketu?
According to Hindu Astrology, Rahu and Ketu are not actual planets, they both are shadow planets. Rahu denotes North node, and Ketu denotes South node, that’s why Rahu and Ketu are represented 7 houses away in the birth chart.
In which house Ketu gives good results?
In one’s horoscope, if Ketu is in the ninth house, it is beneficial. Actually the 9th house is a planet Jupiter’s house. Depending upon Jupiter’s association with Ketu, it bestows both positive and negative results.
Sankalpam( The Testimony of The Vedic Vidhi)
The word Sankalpam indicates the Vedic astrology of Panchang, place, time, day, Tithi, Nakshatra, Yogam, and Karanam. These are recited to the three trinities of Bhrama, Vishnu, and Shiva. The Vedic Vidhi recites for the current Vedic year and the Vedic name of the subcontinent and other significant elements. At the end of the Sankalpa needs family members Name, Gotra, Zodiac sign, Birth star to recite as a part of the puja and to get the blessings from the Lord Maha Ganapati, Navagrahas, family deity (kula devata), Grama devata and Ishta devata (favorite god one’s choice). So the first procedure is to invoke blessings from the deity.
The Ganapati puja is considered as an auspicious for all the ceremonies while starting the puja. By doing Ganapathi puja, you will get free from obstacles, hurdles in life. It acquires materialistic, spirituality in life.
16 common offerings to the Deity during worship
Dhyana – Meditating
Aavaahana – Inviting the deity into the altar.
Asana – Giving a seat to the deity
Paadya – Washing the deity’s feet with pure water.
Arghya – to wash hands and mouth.
Aachamana – Offering drinking water to the Deity.
Snaana – Bath the deity idol with turmeric water, milk, curd, sugar, water.
Vasthra – Offering Clothes to the deity
Yagnopaveetha – Offering the thread to wear from his right shoulder
Gandha – apply sandalwood paste(mixed with water) on the forehead and shoulders to the deity
Pushpa – Offering fresh flowers while chanting the deity’s names.
Dhoop – Spreading fragrance to the altar.
Deepa –offering a Diya to illuminate the surrounding decorated deity.
Naivedya – offering food to the deity.
Taambula – Offering betel nut and leaves with fruits.
Harathi - offering Harathi by lighting camphor
The word Punya Vachanam gives clarity of the clean ritual by invoking the blessings from the Lord Varuna (the lord of water) along with sacred rivers of the country namely Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, Narmada, Sindhu, and Cavery. The tirtha mantras are recited where the Punya vachanam is performed, and their all the five elements are,
Jal - water
Vayu - air
Prithvi - earth
Agni - fire
Akasha - sky or space
By the chanting of Vedic mantras related to Lord Varuna, the place will be purified, where the positive energy is being retained in the pot and Punyavachana can be performed.
The kalasha puja can be done with the help of a copper vessel. Place the Kalasha, fill it with water, a coin and nine types of grains. In red cloth, one can tie the coconut. Then, coconut is placed on the top of Kalash with mango leaves. By doing this procedure kalasha puja can be finished.
Ketu Graha Japa
- The beheaded body of Asura Rahu is known as Ketu Graha, which is a shadow that plays a vital role in governing our horoscope. This Graha rules arena of corruption, disharmony and spirituality. The Ketu Graha Japa helps in appeasing Ketu and gaining his favor.
- Ketu Graha represents the execution of good and bad karmic accumulation. It signifies wisdom, spirituality, corruption, dividedness, etc. A wrongly placed Ketu or malefic in one’s horoscope can be barbarous and cruel. By performing Ketu Graha Japa one can get all the positive results from Ketu Graha.
- People who are suffering from malefic doshas can perform Japa/Homam.
- Japa count for Ketu Graha is 18,000 i.e Japa/mantra is chanted by the devotee for 18,000 times to please Jupiter planet and to remove the malefic effects.
- Homam(fire ritual) is performed for Ketu Graha to reduce the malefic doshas. Purohit performs the chanting of mantra for 1800 times under the name of the devotee.
- Brahmana Bojanam along with Dakshana and should provide yellow clothes.
- Japas to be done for 40 days or it can complete in longer or shorter duration under the guidance of Vedic purohit ranging from 4 to 10 numbers.
- Generally, Ketu Graha Japa is done depending on the combination of planets or locum of Graha. It can increase or dwindle as per the astrological combination of Horoscope
- Japa for Navagrahas is performed along with their Adidevata and Pradhnadevata as per the planetary numbers as mentioned in the Vedic text.
- Very pleasant happy occasion. Pooja performed well with all family members. I strongly recommend.Prasad Nov 23, 2019
Puja performance rating
4.5 / 5
- I attended ketu graha puja with my family. Very nice experienceYashasree Tummala Jun 20, 2019
Puja performance rating
5 / 5