Ayusha Homam is performed to improve the life span of an individual. It is generally performed to regain health when one falls seriously ill. The word Ayush represents age and anyone wants to live a healthy life can hub on performing this ritual. This Homam plays a key role in improving living standards by decreasing health problems to a wider expanse. The main objective of Ayush Homam is to get boons from Ayur Devata, the god of life.
Religious Significance of Ayusha Homam
- Invoking Ayur devata and chanting Ayusha Suktham for good health and longevity.
- It can be performed for any age group to energize a person.
- Ayusha Homam for removing the negative effects of before birth which in turn aids for improving the overall well being of a person.
- By doing this Homam, it is possible to control inappropriate and sudden death. It develops the quality of life.
- One who wants to alleviation from mental and physical health issues can perform Ayush Homam for living a better life.
When Ayushya Homa Can be performed
Ayushya Homa can perform on the Janma tithi of the person. It can also perform on any other auspicious day by consulting an astrologer. If the person is not well or in a critical situation, this Homa can perform on any auspicious day.
Advantages of Performing the Ayusha Homam
- Removes negativities surrounding a person's health and eradicates possibilities of accidents and injuries.
- It heals physical and psychological health conditions.
- It removes the effects of past or previous karma.
- This Homam increases the life span of a person.
- It reduces the harmful effects of the planets
Ayusha Homam FAQ'S
Why Ayusha Homa can be performed?
Ayusha Homa can be performed to increase the health benefits and life span. If the child or adult is suffering from any illness or physical stress or a child having balarishta yoga in their birth chart, this Homam can be performed to remove their bad effects.
What is Ayusha Homa?
The word meaning of Ayusha Homa, Ayush means age and Homa means fire ritual (through the consecrated fire the deity can invoke. Generally, Ayusha Homa performed on the baby’s first birthday to increase the life span.
When Ayusha Homa can be performed?
Ayusha Homa can perform on the Janma tithi of the person. It can also be performed on any other auspicious day by consulting an astrologer. If the person is not well or in a critical situation, this Homa can be performed on any auspicious day.
What are the advantages of Ayusha Homa?
1. Removes negativities surrounding a person's health and eradicates possibilities of accidents and injuries.
2. It heals physical and psychological health conditions.
3. It removes the effects of past or previous karma.
4. This Homam increases the life span of a person.
5. It reduces the harmful effects of the planets
Ayush Homa observes to get relief from chronic health ailments and success in your endeavors. The period early in the morning before sunrise is called 'Brahma Muhurta' is considered an auspicious time to perform the Homam. This Homam controls unexpected death and other health problems in your life.
Sankalpam( The Testimony of The Vedic Vidhi)
The word Sankalpam indicates the Vedic astrology of Panchang, place, time, day, Tithi, Nakshatra, Yogam, and Karanam. These are recited to the three trinities of Bhrama, Vishnu, and Shiva. The Vedic Vidhi recites for the current Vedic year and the Vedic name of the subcontinent and other significant elements. At the end of the Sankalpa needs family members Name, Gotra, Zodiac sign, Birth star to recite as a part of the puja and to get the blessings from the Lord Maha Ganapati, Navagrahas, family deity (kula devata), Grama devata and Ishta devata (favorite god one’s choice). So the first procedure is to invoke blessings from the deity.
The word of Punya Vachanam gives clarity of the clean ritual by invoking the blessings from the Lord Varuna (the lord of water) along with sacred rivers of the country namely Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, Narmada, Sindhu, and Cavery. The tirtha mantras recited where the Punya Vachanams performed, and their all the five elements are,
Jal - water
Vayu - air
Prithvi - earth
Agni - fire
Akasha - sky or space
By the chanting of Vedic mantras related to Lord Varuna, the place will be purified, where the positive energy is being retained in the pot and Punyavachana can be performed.
The Kalasa puja can be done with the help of a copper vessel. Place the Kalasa, fill it with water, a coin and nine types of grains. In red cloth, one can tie the coconut. Then, coconut is placed on the top of Kalasa with mango leaves. By doing this procedure Kalasa puja can be finished.
16 common offerings to the Deity during worship
Dhyana – Meditating
Aavaahana – Inviting the deity into the altar.
Asana – Giving a seat to the deity
Paadya – Washing the deity’s feet with pure water.
Arghya – to wash hands and mouth.
Aachamana – Offering drinking water to the Deity.
Snaana – Bath the deity idol with turmeric water, milk, curd, sugar, water.
Vasthra – Offering Clothes to the deity
Yagnopaveetha – Offering the thread to wear from his right shoulder
Gandha – apply sandalwood paste(mixed with water) on the forehead and shoulders to the deity
Pushpa – Offering fresh flowers while chanting the deity’s names.
Dhoop – Spreading fragrance to the altar.
Deepa –offering a Diya to illuminate the surrounding decorated deity.
Naivedya – offering food to the deity.
Taambula – Offering betel nut and leaves with fruits.
Harathi - offering harathi by lighting camphor
Purohit does puja to the Deity with Ashotathara(108) names of particular God or Goddess. Before performing Ashtotaram he does Archana with Tithi, devotee name, birth star, Gothram, and also with family member names for the welfare of the entire family.
Maha Mangal Aarti
The Astavedha Seva has done along with the Vedic chants. The camphor aarti, flowers, and Akshatha will be offered.
- After consulting the online Vadhyar near me, he suggested me to do Ayusha Homam to be performed at my native place which is very helpful for me to make all type of arrangements in the house. Pandit provided perishables on time. I am very much satisfied with the services. Will book puja at pujaNpujari further as well.Manibabu Jun 24, 2020
Puja performance rating
5 / 5
- Ayusha Homa performed well. Purohit came on time to perform puja with puja materials at an affordable prices. Thanks for the great assistance from the pujaNpujari team.Nagesh HR Dec 12, 2019
Puja performance rating
5 / 5
- Ayusha homa is performed at the temple.According to the astrology i have troubles in my life. To clear all the problems i did ayusha homa in the temple for that i booked purohit from PujaNPujari. very satisfied.pramod Jun 10, 2019
Puja performance rating
5 / 5