Cancer - (Kark Rashi)
Cancer season starts during the Summer Solstice on June 21. During the season, the daylight outweighs the night, with the sun’s heat and light at its peak.The water element’s affinity defines the nurturing, protective, and leadership qualities of people with Cancer as their sun sign.
Cancer loyalty to friends and family is unmatched. For their maternal instincts, they can easily empathize with other people’s pain and suffering. They are bound by family, and their home is their sanctuary.
The crab sign is one of the most challenging zodiac signs one can come across.
Cancer Quick Facts
- Sanskrit Name: Karka
- Cancer Dates: June 21 – July 22
- Symbol: The Crab
- Ruling Planet: Moon
- House: Fourth
- Colors: White
- Tarot Card: The Chariot
- Element+ Polarity: Water + Negative
- Quality: Cardinal
- Days: Monday, Thursday
- Flowers: Orchid and White Rose
- Lucky Gem: Ruby, Pearl
- Greatest Overall Compatibility: Capricorn, Taurus, and Pisces
- Lucky Numbers :2, 3, 15, 20
The crab is all about home, family, dedication, and loyalty. Though they seem independent, their world revolves around the family. The Cancer natives are all for avoiding fights by finding alternative paths to achieve their goals instead of getting into clashes. They hold on to things they grow attached to and are not comfortable letting go of their relationships.
- Cancer likes:Spending time near or in water, a Simple home-cooked meal, family time, and taking care of loved ones, Art
- Cancer dislikes: Strangers, any criticism to their family, making private life public.
The moon rules Cancer. Hence, their moods also fluctuate with the waning and waxing of the moon. They cherish personal attention and are always on the lookout for people who value their feelings and cherish their sensitive side.
A cancer native has a sensitive, intuitive, and protective awareness at the core of their personality. The summer solstice season also enriches their life-supporting and sustaining energies to keep their beliefs going.
With cardinal quality imbibed in their nature, nurturing, hosting, protecting, and caretaking comes naturally to this zodiac sign. With the crab ruling their horoscope, they hold on to family ties and value more strongly than other zodiac signs and believe in putting family first.
- Crab natives are kind, and empathy flows automatically.
- They readily offer a helping hand to people in need.
- They are perfect hosts when they are trying to arrange a family or office get-togethers. They have a tendency to make their guests feel at home.
- The crab is intuitive and can easily guess the mood of the person standing before them. So, they set their boundaries carefully before being part of serious conversation least they hurt others.
- Cancerians have incredible protective instincts. This makes them good with guarding their family and friends from harm.
- They are also good at reading the emotional tone in a room.
- People find it easy to relate to them owing to the maternal instincts the crabs always display. Hence, people find it easy to share their secrets with Cancerians.
- Cancer is loyal to a fault. Once their trust is earned, it's for life. Once they forge a friendship, the relationship is for life. Even if one crosses their paths, seeking forgiveness from this zodiac sign is relatively more comfortable.
- Cancer is ferocious when it comes to protecting the downtrodden and vulnerable. They can go to extreme lengths to protect their loved ones from any harm.
- They have a sound sense of emotional and personal boundaries from a young age. They learn the hard way to depend only on themselves.
- Cancerians finds it hard to let go of people and change their already established routine.
- They find it difficult to ask for emotional help from their family since they feel the constant need to protect them.
- They are usually scared to explore a world beyond their comfort zone.
- Cancerians take the emotional burden of others on their shoulders and suffer from its weight.
- The crabs try to manipulate the environment to accommodate their thought process.
- Cancerians are blessed or cursed with long-term memories because of their affliction to the moon. So it makes them easily prone to holding grudges.
Cancer natives gel well with water signs and earth signs. Compatibility with Fire signs and air signs is challenging for the Cancerians.
Most Compatible Signs
- Taurus and Cancer share a nurturing bond and make comfortable homes.
- Cancer and Virgo find reliable partners in each other as they complete each other.
- Scorpio opens the crab sensuality and encourages to explore the unknown, making the relationship seem magical.
- Pisces complement cancer qualities by broadening their spiritual and philosophical ideas.
Least Compatible Signs
- Virgo and Gemini's relationship is pronCancer finds it challenging to get along with brash and headstrong Aries.
- Aquarius and Cancer are at different emotional levels, which makes it hard to see eye to eye.
Cancer women’s life is ruled by feelings and intuitions. They crave stability and like feeling secure. They find it difficult to trust people at a glance. But once trust is established, it is hard to break the trust. They also do not believe in giving second chances once betrayed.
A Cancerian woman can do anything for their partner, and they stay loyal to them unless betrayed. They are filled with abilities to convert a house into a home with their passionate, gentle, enthusiastic, modest, feminine, and home seeking nature.
Cancer men are intuitive and sensitive. They strive to make their home a better place, always despite continuous discouragement for your feelings and style of work you do.
Though they love being cherished, they conceal their genuine feelings from the world as they fear being hurt. They are gentle, affectionate, and protective nature beings. They overthink, and hence partners often find them distant.
Know your personalized Cancerian horoscope and the impact of various planets on your ascendant sign. Subscribe to the poojaNpujari blog to get your Cancer Daily horoscope to plan your perfect day.