Weddings are joyous and fulfilled occasions. It's a reason for families to come together and create lasting memories. But in India, it goes up a notch. One can find the most lavish wedding celebrations happening in India. Statistically, India has the least number of divorce rates in the world since its people here believe matches are made in heaven. Marriage is for once in a lifetime, and you are meant to be with your partner forever.
Weddings call for celebrations with family and friends. So when you get called for a wedding, finding the best wedding gift for a newlywed couple seems like an arduous task. So, here we have attempted to put together unique wedding gift ideas that might pleasantly surprise the new couple.
Creative wedding gift ideas
The idea behind gifting couples on their wedding day is not only to make them remember and recall your goodwill gesture but also to ease up their lives. So here are few wedding gift ideas for the bride and groom that are sure to light up their lives and remember you fondly ever after.
The best wedding gifts ever are thoughtful ones. So try and get to know the newlywed couple before you go ahead and decide on the present.
- After marriage, whether the groom or the bride will definitely have to cook. So gifting them customized chopping boards with their initials or names carved seems to be an ideal choice. Not only will the couple get to use it, but will remember you by when they do use it.
- Cookwares are classic wedding gifts. It holds good at all ages. If you know for sure that the couple is setting up a new home, then gifting a coffee maker or grinder or mixer or oven seems to be an ideal choice. Else, present them with customized serving glasses or tray.
- One of the best gifts for the newly married couple is a customized photo frame. These are used to display fond memories to the guests and can act as conversation starters at times. A few of the photo frames that depict out-of-the-box ideas are - Ferris wheel photo frames, window photo frames, clock photo frames, and so on.
- You can also gift either the bride or groom. There is a wide range of wedding gifts for the bride that one can choose from. Jewelry sets and Clothes are the traditional gifts given to the bride. Gift vouchers, Spa gift cards, and much more form the recent trend. For the groom, you can choose to gift him a watch, his favorite music collection, or any other electronic gadget that he is sure to use.
- The camera can be one of the thoughtful gifts if budget is not a constraint. Since newlywed couple spends more time traveling or doing things together, gifting them with a camera to capture the lovely romantic moments is one of the ideal gifts.
- Indian wedding gifts for friends wedding usually include cookware and household essentials. Friends get together, pool in an amount, and decide to gift something pricey, and that can help the couple in the long run.
- Recent trends also include gifting the couple with indoor plants that they can use to decorate their homes with. So, if you know for sure that they are nature lovers, this gift is sure to lighten up their days and warm their hearts.
Wedding gifts for married couples in India are not limited to above. People come up with creative ideas to make gifts unique and meaningful. Marriage gift ideas for a friend also takes a humourous turn at times. So let us know your thoughts on the above. Share your unique ideas with us, so that we can make the above list exhaustive.