The wooden mandir should place at a height proper to the seating arrangement. It should be kept at a height right at the same level a person’s body sitting or standing in front of it. If the height is lower than that, it would be insulting to the lord. Also, above that height, it would be difficult for the person to see the god. The home puja mandir should not be kept directly to the floor, it should have some support.
Without puja mandir, the Indian homes are incomplete, because people have a tradition for performing daily puja. Nowadays, everyone is giving more priority to puja mandirs. So puja mandaps(temple for god) are designed in a house to worship God. And they have constructed a temple in house design with more expansion. Vastu for puja room is mandatory.
Placement Direction In-Home, Office and Commercial Spaces
- The puja room or idol direction of god or goddess kept in the home, office, and commercial spaces. It’s incomplete without correct Vastu Shastra.
- As per Vastu Shastra, the North-Eastern or Eastern corner of the home is considered to be perfect to keep the Puja Mandir. And it brings good luck to your place.
- God must face in puja room should be facing west and devotee face to the east. For placing lord idols in Puja Mantap, the size of the idols should be relevant or lesser to the Mantap. Mandir size is not important while doing puja. The Diya should be kept or lit in the south-east direction.
- Puja room is a valuable part of a home and a perfect place for devoting the god. Devotees should always keep some isolation while praying or sitting in the puja mandir by using a mat or a puja chowki.
- The entrance of the puja hall must have a threshold.
Things to Avoid While Placing Wooden Puja Mandir
Puja Mandir should not be in the south direction.
- The puja mandir should not be touch to the toilet or washroom, not even flat, below, or above.
- It should not be placed in the bedroom, kitchen in case any space problem, you can place the mandir at some height and cover it with curtain or door to hide the idols or photo frames direct eye contact.
- Avoid placing any inherited pictures inside the puja Mandap. It is considered as an inauspicious as per Vastu.
- Avoid keeping damaged idols inside the temple or Mandir. Also, avoid keeping heavy idols or frames, because it damages the wooden mandir.
Things to keep and discard in the Pooja room
Pooja room at homes is a place filled with positive vibrations; hence one should be very careful of what to keep and remove from the pooja room.
- The first rule is never keep disfigured idols in the pooja room as it is inauspicious.
- Clean the puja room often, regularly discard old flowers, ashed of incense sticks, and anything that dirties the pooja mandir.
- If you have wall mounted pooja mandir owing to shortage of place, ensure it's beyond the reach of toddlers and place only the idols whose weight mandir can sustain.
- Avoid keeping leather items in the Puja mandir.
- It is said that keeping the photo's of the deceased in the Puja room can be inauspicious. So, if you have one in your pooja room, we recommend you remove it.
- It would be best if you kept a small jug or bowl of water every day in puja mandir and consume it the next day, and it will be enriched with positive vibrations.
- Do not keep over two Ganesha idols in the Pooja Mandir.
- Keep idols not greater than the length of your palm in pooja mandir. Scriptures specify different rules for performing puja for idols over 6 inches.
- Leave enough room to place diya's in pooja mandir.
Pooja room Idols facing direction
Like the mandir, the idols should ideally face east or north-east as it enables harnessing the sun's rising energy. The second best direction to place the idol facing West. The last possible but not so optimal direction is North, as they say, North holds immense energy that the family cannot easily contain. Under no circumstances, one should place idols facing South, as it drains out all the positive energy from the house.
How to light up the diya in-front of idols
- For drawing the maximum benefits of lighting lamps at home, follow these tips.
- One should always light the diya in front of god and place it facing either East or North. Placing diya facing east will enhance one's health, and the placing diya facing north will increase the wealth.
- Never place the diya directly on the floor. Always put it in a bowl, or over a leaf, or on rice.
- Always use cotton wicks inside diyas.
- Never place the diya's facing south, as it drains the wealth.
- Never light one diya with another, as it brings bad luck.
Helpful Articles & Videos