Ketu is a non-materialistic and spiritual planet that lies in the shadows of the Moon. It predominantly rules the three nakshatras - Ashwini, Magha, and Moola. Ketu is commonly known as moksha karaka since the planet resides mainly in 8th and 12th houses. While the 12th house of giving up, 8th is the house of transformation. Hence, the name - Moksha Karaka. Ketu's presence in the wrong house in a birth-chart or horoscopes and alignment with the wrong planets causes Kethu Mahadasha. The Ketu Dasha usually lasts for seven years.
Despite the popular belief, if Ketu aligns with Sun or Jupiter and is in the correct house, the mahadasha will yield positive results to the person. People with Aries, Capricorn, Cancer, and Aquarius as their ascendant zodiacs will benefit the most of out of this Mahadasha.
The ill-effects become predominant if Ketu aligns with Venus, Mercury, or Moon and places itself in the wrong houses of the natal chart. As an example - if Ketu is present in the seventh house of the horoscope, it signifies intense dispute between the couple, sometimes leading to separation. Similarly, Ketu's presence in the 5th house indicates separation from children.
Whatever may be the effects, the Ketu Mahadasha develops spirituality in people and leads them on the way of attaining Sadgathi or moksha and enlightenment.
Ketu Mahadasha Effects
Ketu Mahadasha has both positive and negative influences on people depending on where it is present in the horoscopes.
Ketu's effect based on its presence in houses
The Ketu mahadasha effects can be divided into three periods. At the commencement of Ketu Mahadasha, Raja Yoga leads the person to prosperity; during the middle, induces fear; in the last part, there will be sufferings from ailments and journeys to distant places.
Ketu's presence in 3rd, 6th, or 11th house of the horoscope will result in positive outcomes. The person will have Akahanda Samrajya Yog, which can make people achieve great heights in personal and professional lives.
Ketu's presence in 2nd, 8th, or 12th, house results in malefic impacts. A person might go ashtray leading to imprisonment, financial loss, loss of residence, companions, partners, friends and family, and a frequent period of diseases.
Positive Outcomes of Ketu Mahadahsa
- Brings in enormous wealth
- Guides towards advancements in professional life
- Enhances the longevity of the person
- Manifests spirituality by fulfilling all the worldly desires.
Negative Impacts of Ketu Mahadasha
- In its ascendants, Ketu Mahadasha will lead to numerous health ailments.
- Create hurdles in completing education
- Multiplies the chances of accidents and loss of wealth
- Infuse marital problems, familial problems, and can cause the sudden demise of loved ones.
Ketu Mahadasha Remedies
Vedic astrology has prescribed following common remedies to remove the ill-effects of Ketu Mahadasha.
- The most important remedy is to worship kuladevi to nullify the all malefic effects of nine planets and provide protection.
- Worship Lord Ganesha.
- Feed food to dogs and fish.
- Light a lamp in a temple using cow ghee.
- Apply saffron or chandan tilak on the forehead.
- Wear a cats eye gemstone in a gold or panchdhatu pendant around your neck.
- Meditate and practice the art of energy balancing under practitioners.
- Follow a strict exercise routine to relieve stress that will encircle you during Ketu Dasha.
- Learn to develop a positive mindset to overcome life negativity.
Before following any remedies, consult an authentic astrologer, who can guide you and help you pursue a proper method. Always remember, performing good deeds generates good karma and negates any malefic effects of any planets. Hence, lead a simple and happy life to be devoid of negative thoughts and adverse effects.