Rudrabhishekam Pooja is done to please Lord Shiva. This auspicious puja was first conducted by Lord Rama at Rameshwaram before he crosses the sea to reach Lanka to relieve goddess Sita Devi from evil Ravana. Here Lord Shiva is worshiped in the form of Rudra. Rudra is known as Agni or fire.
This Rudrabhishekam puja is done after the lord Ganesha puja and Kalasha Sthapana, then after shivering Prathista. The Shiva ling Abhishekam is done with 11 ingredients like water, curd, milk, honey, ghee, etc. Chanting of Rudra mantras can purify the environment.
Religious Significance of Rudrabhishekam Pooja
- Lord Rama performed this pooja after the battle with Ravana to get rid of sins.
- It is believed that this pooja can help you gain Lord Shiva's blessing.
- One can perform the Rudrabhishekam to wash out one’s sins and to bestows prosperity and happiness in one’s life and family.
- Prodosham day of every month is the very best time to perform this puja and it is one of the favorite days of lord Shiva.
- Although, Mondays are also very auspicious to perform this puja.
- The pooja is accompanied by Chamakam and namaskar recitals and could be performed at any Shiva temples.
When Can the Rudrabhishekam Pooja be Performed?
Mondays in the months of Shravan, Bhadrapada, Ashvija and Kartika are most well suited for this pooja. During Masa Shivaratri, Pradosha, Chaturdashi, Purnima and Amavasya are the best days to perform Rudrabhishekam. Consult pandit for other auspicious dates according to your janma nakshatra.
Advantages of the Rudrabhishekam Pooja
- To get over certain crucial doshas in one's astrological chart.
- Acquiring a healthy and prosperous life.
- By performing this puja the one wash out their bad karma and sins from their life.
- It helps to remove all the evil spirits and gives protection in life.
- It also aids bad effects from the lord Shani.
- This puja aids in getting rid of the bad effects of the lord Chandra and gets good health, harmony, strong mind and money.
- This puja brings happiness and peace along with the family.
- It helps to Punarvasu, Ashlesha and the Pushya nakshatras to remove the evil effects.
Procedure for Rudhrabhishekam: • Ganapathi Pooja • Punyaha Vachanam, Maha Sankalpam • Kalasha Pooja • Rudhra paarayana
- We did a rudrabhishekam puja for my family health issues,i got a good pandit in your website,his way of doing puja very good.Thats why now there is no health issues in my family.Thanks alot panditji.Raghavendra V Desai Jun 12, 2019
Puja performance rating